Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

TeamSpeak 3 Com's Issue
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
19:00:50
Hello,

For the past 2 weeks or so, the feature to be able to change channel with a aircraft frequency has stopped working.

I have noticed that the server isnt picking up the Active or Standby Frequencies of the players in the session.

Is another else having the same issue?

Any ideas?

Regards
Joe
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
19:02:02
"Error in Dev_OnpacketArrival
Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
Error in Dev_OnpacketArrival
Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection."

This is in the status box, not sure if its related.

Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
20:32:34
Teamspeak 3 link was launched 6 days ago so suprised you say it hasn't been working for 2 weeks. Are you saying it's never worked in the betas you used either?

Nevermind, drop me an email with how you've got fsx voice set and as much information you can and I'll resolve for you.

Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
20:44:21
Sorry Dave wasnt clear, we have been getting an error message in the status box for around 2 weeks now, not sure if its exactly the same as the one ive posted, just that Gordon mentioned he had been getting one and this is the one currently in there.

The ts3 link did work for those that tested it in the beta however i did notice a few players who didnt have any frequency being displayed, thought it may have been because they wasnt running pilot assistant but i beleive you said that they dont need to be running it for it to work.

Members asked me today why it wasnt working, so i went to check and noticed no frequencies where being displayed

Email on the way.

Thankyou

Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
21:03:07
Correct, nothing to do with running pilot assistant.

If you have fsx voice switched off then the only information transmitted to the server is what com1 is tuned too. I suspect some 3rd party planes are not setting this.(PMDG 737?) Where you see planes not showing a frequency can you note if this is plane or user specific. If you see non freqs at all displayed drop me an email asap and i'll snapshot the database.
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2013
21:46:02
Emails Sent
Mark Killen
Canada

30th Jan 2014
03:18:02
Is there anyway to disable this. We don't use it period and I keep getting these messages in the status tab
Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Wood
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

30th Jan 2014
14:45:36
0.99 just released fixes the problem
Scott Gray
United States

31st Jan 2014
18:22:27
Sorry to hijack this thread, but my question is on topic. Is there anyway to have the TS channel changing function only work based on which COMM is active? In other words, if you are actively using COMM1 and you go and make changes for COMM2 in setup for your next expected frequency, the TS function moves you to another channel.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

1st Feb 2014
17:32:43
Scott, if you use fsx voice in the session then it works ok. If fsx voice is disabled then the only information I can use if the com1 frequency.

Nothing I can do I'm afraid
Scott Gray
United States

2nd Feb 2014
15:57:06
We do have FSX voice on, but we had a pilot indicate that when you tuned COMM2 he got moved even though it wasn't the active COMM. I will test it and let you know if that is still the case.
Scott Gray
United States

19th Feb 2014
00:57:27
Stumbled across another issue with the auto tune for TS3. It appears that if you add a freq to the end of a password protected TS3 channel, the auto tune will jump you directly into the channel even if you don't have the password. Is this something that can be correct?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Feb 2014
09:08:48
This happens because you are being moved by the account with admin rights. Why would you put a frequency on a channel and then not want people to be able to use it????
Scott Gray
United States

20th Feb 2014
20:35:35
It is a password protected channel with access only to one Team of pilots. So there is no solution or change that needs to be made on my end?
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

20th Feb 2014
23:22:28
Hi Scott,

FSOpen moves pilots when the frequency is changed by the use of a Server Query user.

It is, as the name suggests, a TeamSpeak user who is controlled by queries and commands sent to the server. This user has full administrative rights to your Virtual Server (unless your host has fiddled about as they tend to do).

Either way, when a pilot changes frequency, FSOpen Server picks it up, sends a query to your TS3 Server using the server query user you created. The Server Query user then picks up the user who changed frequency and drops them into a room that contains the frequency tuned.

Because the user has full administrative rights it can allow people into any room that it wants to. The same may be explained as if you have a private staff room that only you can get into, if you want to chat to a member privately you would pull them into the room, no questions asked.

Very long winded explanation, sorry haha. Basically, nothing you can do to get round this.

Joe

Ps. It may be possible to change the Server Query Permissions but unless your hosting your own TS3 Server, the chances of this happening is about 0%

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1300687026