Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSopen Server Admin
David Figge
United States

7th Aug 2013
12:52:53
Dave,

Any chance on the next revision you could give an option to remove the ability for admins to make others admins through the chat box?

We've had problems in the past with new admins being tricked by malicious people so they can ban everyone one on the server. It would help us manage things easier if admin promotions were given by the server code or the IP list on the server only.

Another option would allow the !A in the chat box to be a "kick only" type admin that's not able to ban a player. This could be for temporary tower controllers not quite ready for full time admin statis.

Hope you will consider something like this for future revisions.

Best regards,
David

Robert Cohen
Canada

8th Aug 2013
16:05:38
I would like to second this request I don't like giving admin rights till I get to know them Cheers
Carmelo Hernandez
United States
10th Aug 2013
13:51:01
I am using FSOpen Server for the first time and do not know how to set it up for a private session with a friend of mine. Specifically, how do I make sure the proper ports are open, inputting the Teamspeak address, we page, etc. Basically all I need to do to create a private sessions with just one other person remotely located from me. Any help would be awesome, thanks!
David Figge
United States

10th Aug 2013
14:27:02
Carmelo,

Have you read the Fsopen server FAQ yet? You can find them at the bottom of this page:http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/

If you want to host a private session for you and a friend you don't need software for that.
1. Open the UDP port range 6112-6122 on your router
2. Set FSX for public in the windows firewall
3. Give your friend your IP address

Good luck!
David
Carmelo Hernandez
United States
10th Aug 2013
15:18:28
Thanks for the info, bu I have actually tried that and it won't work...I have gone into my Apple Airport Extreme wireless router and opened these port ranges and made the change in windows firewall but he still can't connect.
David Figge
United States

10th Aug 2013
17:52:21
Carmelo,

Does your friend have SP2 installed for FSX?
Carmelo Hernandez
United States
10th Aug 2013
18:38:44
He should, he is using Windows 8
Carmelo Hernandez
United States
10th Aug 2013
19:03:27
ok, we'll give it a shot this evening, thanks and I'll reply with the outcome, thanks!
Carmelo Hernandez
United States
10th Aug 2013
20:41:07
Tried an experiment with my laptop. I tethered my phone to my laptop so of course I wouldn't be using the same IP address as my desktop. And still can't connect. I'm at a loss!
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

11th Aug 2013
10:13:44
I am looking at adding more granular permissions into the server software but this is going to be about a month away.
David Figge
United States

11th Aug 2013
12:23:19
Dave,

Thank you - looking forward to the updates!

Carmelo - the last post brings up an obvious question. Are you using your local IP 192.168.x.x or your routers IP to share with your friend? Go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ to find your router's IP address.

Best regards
Bob Kelly
United States

22nd Aug 2013
22:21:19
Hello David, I'm an admin with EasternHops, what is up with the admin panel? When kicking or banning sometimes it will kick or ban the wrong player and I noticed today when I filed my flight plan it said that another players flight plan had been filed, not mine. It read me as having a different username than the one I had.
Bob Kelly
United States

22nd Aug 2013
22:32:37
As a follow-up to my previous post here is a photo of what I'm talking about. My username should be PackRat.

[/URL]">
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

22nd Aug 2013
22:42:10
Lets fix that image for you -

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 156398519