Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Prepare3D version 2.0 Beta video
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

16th Nov 2013
20:39:02

Lockhead Martin have lifted the embargo on beta testers.

I believe info on pricing will be out on Monday and the product may even ship by the end of the month.

This is the first public video of how it looks.

Robert Dunn
United States
16th Nov 2013
22:00:51
Dave knows 'cause we have posted in his thread at Lockheed as well as here in his own forum that msFLIGHTS.net intends to explore, configure and support P3Dv2 via FSOpen as soon as we can figure it out. It is our intention to support both FSX as well as P3Dv2 in as concurrent a fashion as possible. We will purchase a copy as soon as the software is released and we will come here to this forum for coordination and help (both giving and requesting) when Dave makes known his coordination intentions. Thanks again, Dave, for your initial statement of intention to support P3Dv2 here at FSOpen.

Respects, Bob...

ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDunn2@msflights.net
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

16th Nov 2013
22:24:18
Dave, will both P3D and FSX coincide? So, will I be able to host my session for both platforms, where all traffic can see each other, regardless of whether they are using FSX or p3d? I've been on a server previously that hosted FSX and fs2004, where all traffic could see one another
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

17th Nov 2013
17:40:10
Hello David,

From what I was told and having read some of the documentation in the Prepar3D the answer is no.

The only way to do it would be for each member to fly in free flight with pilot assistant running. This would then log every planes location and inject everyone else in as AI.

Unless Dave can come up with another way of doing it, or Prepare3D fix it, the answers no :(

Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Nov 2013
11:47:10
Another Beta video

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Nov 2013
00:31:20
Couple of images from DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, developing New York.
Love the fog in the new engine.

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Nov 2013
00:35:46
Dynamic waves.
As the wind changes so does the sea.

Robert Dunn
United States
20th Nov 2013
07:03:45
Thank you Waterman (Michael) for pointing out the official Lockheed P3Dv2 announcement of specifications and pricing earlier today.

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/11/4648/

Our community is already involved in spirited discussion, dialogues and debates based on Lockheed-Martin's announcement.

Respects, Bob...

ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDUNN2@msflights.net
Geoff Server
United Kingdom

20th Nov 2013
21:32:48
This looks really great and some stunning videos.
However, I wonder why the LM Marketing department came up with the name Prepare 3D.? Would have thought something a more meaningful would have been better for product recognition.
Does anyone know why they have called it this name?

Geoff S
FSX Multiplay.com
Robert Dunn
United States
20th Nov 2013
21:43:39
Hi, Geoff. Please come by our community and say "hi". We would love to interact with you once again. Lockheed Martin wishes you would pronounce their product name "prepared" as it has nothing to do with three dimentional graphics. :)

Dave Wave, will you authorize and open a seperate thread for the purpose of discussion of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D version 2 multiplayer subjects? You have indicated your intention to support P3Dv2 here at FSOpen.

Those spirited discussions I refer to in my post of 16 November are in full swing on msFLIGHTS.net forum at www.msflights.net. We welcome cross community participation in that P3D discussion there. Registration on our forum is NOT necessary to read such threads of discussion but IS required to actively participate. For such cross community discussions, FSOpen would be a better and more neutral forum.

I will offer a public open multiplayer host for P3Dv2 on the day of release, Monday, 25 November. I have not yet received permission nor dispatch to associate this open P3Dv2 host with the name of msFLIGHTS.net. However, early poll and voting indicates a 4 to 1 interest in purchasing P3Dv2 in our group and, after all, msFLIGHTS.net IS a multiplayer simulations community. According to me, Multiplayer Simulations is what the "ms" in msFLIGHTS.net now stands for.

I will open this P3Dv2 host under the IP address of 71.231.12.143 initially. This P3Dv2 host IP address will change eventually. Such information and updates will be posted here at FSOpen as well as our website as we progress. msFLIGHTS.net will continue to operate it's traditional FSX-FSOpen host server 24/7/365 independent of any P3Dv2 efforts. For approximately one week after 25 November, msFLIGHTS.net's FSX-FSOpen host will operate out of IP address 70.180.222.57. Again, current host information and updates will be kept current here at FSOpen, on our website and on our TeamSpeak at TS ID msflights.jmainguy.com.

Respects, Bob...

ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Nov 2013
23:40:42
Robert, you don't have to ask to open a thread!

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 417040112