Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSOpen Server lite doesnt work
Austin Madson
United States
17th Dec 2010
23:38:54
Okay so the only thing it does right is autokicking and the messages, but it spams it and says that the ATC is not their when it is.
Also the bot commands dont work when i either type in the fsx chat box.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Dec 2010
09:53:34
Austin,

If auto kick is working then it must be working correctly.

Bot commands will not work if enterered on the server, you need to use another pc connected to the server.

Regards the ATC, did you register with !T, I guess not!

RTFM here - http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/
Austin Madson
United States
19th Dec 2010
02:12:40
Alright, well I just tried it from my other computer as it was running fshost, and well, it didnt work. It was connected to my other one and still didnt work. I tried switching the accounts to where the account that was on this one was not the host and it still didnt work. Is there something im not getting here?
Austin Madson
United States
19th Dec 2010
02:15:58
Also, when I start my server and start the program, it doesnt show how many players there are. When there is 5 in the server, it says 0 on FSHost.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Dec 2010
10:36:07
You need to start FSHost before you start the session. It will only log players joining after FSHost has started.

This is because the player information is only tranmitted when a player joins the game. I think this is your problem.
Austin Madson
United States
20th Dec 2010
00:56:29
It still does not work, I started FSHost before starting the session and it says the exact same thing.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2010
11:13:30
What does it say?
Austin Madson
United States
20th Dec 2010
19:15:40
FSOPEN - ONLINE 0 Players
I started FSOPEN first and then started my session.
It says the same thing if i do it in reverse.
It only spams, and I just learned that it doesn't auto kick either.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2010
20:21:47
Go back and follow the instructions very carefully

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/

Austin Madson
United States
1st Jan 2011
01:34:18
Hey sorry to bump an old thread, but I found a new problem.
I was trying to start the app form of this and got this error.
SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/DigitallyF34RD/Desktop/fsopenserverlite.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : fsopenserverlite.application, Version=1.0.0.57, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=469ab4bf8533e8a7, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\fsopenserverlite.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Users/DigitallyF34RD/Desktop/Application Files/fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57/fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest did not succeed.
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\Application Files\fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57\fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest'.
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\Application Files\fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57\fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/31/2010 6:32:06 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\fsopenserverlite.application has started.
* [12/31/2010 6:32:06 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [12/31/2010 6:32:06 PM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/31/2010 6:32:06 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading file:///C:/Users/DigitallyF34RD/Desktop/Application Files/fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57/fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\Application Files\fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57\fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\DigitallyF34RD\Desktop\Application Files\fsopenserverlite_1_0_0_57\fsopenserverlite.exe.manifest'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Please try 2 fix!
Thanks
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2011
10:31:40
Looks like you are trying to run locally.

It will only work if run from the link on the download page. Also recommend running from ie, other browsers sometimes don't handle manifests correctly.
Austin Madson
United States
1st Jan 2011
17:36:13
So I just run it from the page but dont save it?
Austin Madson
United States
1st Jan 2011
22:10:53
For some reason it still doesnt work. Any ideas?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

2nd Jan 2011
12:24:27
Austin,

This good go on for ages via the forum!

I've sent you an email so we can talk on line and sort.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 6242375