Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSOpen and VRS
Mark Killen
Canada

3rd Nov 2012
20:12:43
Hi All

I just tried posting this a minute ago and it did not seem to take. Anyways is there away of making FSopen compatible with VRS at all. We are trying to set up a server for testing and public use for the VRS and TacPack and I want to be able to monitor the server. I keep getting kicked in under a minute when getting into the pit.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated thanks

wood
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th Nov 2012
11:54:07
I'll put an option to inhibit autokicks this week.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th Nov 2012
11:57:45
Thinking about this more. I don't want to make this available to everyone so I will limit the option just to your logon for your server.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

5th Nov 2012
11:32:17
Mark, get the latest version here.
http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/fsopenserver2/FSopenServer2.msi

This will give you the option to disable autokicks when using WRS. This will only work for your UserID.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

6th Nov 2012
14:17:06
Version 0.71 now on general release with this feature. I've put in a change that still stops gliders from calling up tow planes.
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
05:02:43
thanks Dave... I'll test it out.. Mark
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
06:03:30
Works like a charm Sir... Thank you so much. Cheers Wood. Now I'm not if I purchased the pro version for more then 10 players. Could you let me know if I had or not and if not I'll purchase it. Cheers Mark
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
06:48:04
Dave I was wondering if you could also change our URL for our site. As it is right now it's www.virtualcarrierwing.com it should be www.virtualcarrierwing3.com Thank you kindly. Mark
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

8th Nov 2012
08:34:43
Mark, Don't understand your request to change your URL. Don't think I've put your url anywhere, think this is something you've done! You're on the standard version so please upgrade to pro if you want more than 10 users.
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
14:58:36
Hi Dave Ok, Sorry. Is there a way I can change that? As for the install for the server I'm still having members been kicked from the server within a minute. I knpw last night I connected to the server and flew for at least 45 minutes without been kick but unfortunatly other members are still being kicked. Do you have any ideas what the problem may be?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

8th Nov 2012
15:05:49
You need to turn off the spawning autokick each time you start. I didn't want people to leave it on by mistake! If the server is kicking users you will get a message in chat. Is this happening? Still don't understand your url request. Where do you want it changed?
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
15:25:36
Ok thanks I'll go check it out. I'll get back to you on that.
Mark Killen
Canada

8th Nov 2012
17:06:40
Thank you Sir. Thats exactly what it was.

Thank you
Mark
Dave Taylor
United States

16th Nov 2012
09:40:54
Hi Im new and need alittle wisdom from you seasoned veterans... OK Im setting up ATC and was wondering where I can find a recorded message to play for players joining??
1. Do I have to record it myself.?
2. Is there a place where I can get one?
3. I have both TS 2 and 3 installed but dont know what the info is to login to FSOPEN on TS2.??
Thanks in advance
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

16th Nov 2012
15:07:02
Hi Dave,

Are you hosting a session with fsopen server? Are you using a dedicated server?

FSopen is not a multiplayer group so we do not have our own team speak server. We just write software for other groups.

Dave Taylor
United States

16th Nov 2012
18:10:41
Hey Dave its me Dave :) ah just using my computer to host, and have the fsopen server pilot assis. and flight strips loaded when I boot up FSX.. HEHEHE Im a noob..ah ok on TS gotcha..there
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

16th Nov 2012
18:34:19
You're probably better joining in with one of the existing servers rather then trying to host yourself. Most of the groups will have members who can help you learn how to use flight strips and ATC procedures etc.

Dave Taylor
United States

17th Nov 2012
05:17:21
Ok, now for a really stupid question, where do I find them at??? As only found 2 one in germany hippy happy I think and then one in Hawaii I think, but seems like 99% of the time they are not present in the ATC, thats why I wanted to find that recorded message and just set it up and watch it for a while...LOL my noobness shows alot huh, ok will keep looking thanks for your advice dave.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

17th Nov 2012
08:59:51
Try http://www.realfsx.org or http://norwayandgardermoen.webs.com/

They both have contact pages and would welcome ATC. Other groups will post here if interested,
Dave Taylor
United States

17th Nov 2012
21:28:32
ok dave will check them out, and will keep lookin as I know it wont happen over night...that will cause lost souls...thanks for your help
Matt Hoy
Australia

28th Apr 2013
11:57:49
Hi Dave, Matt from Australia Servers Online ip: 120.146.148.82 We're also experiencing the same level of difficulty even with some of our Recreational Light Sport Aircraft (glider pilots also) and wondering if there is a way you can help us patch our server? Also once the 365day subscription lapses, how do I renew it or does it renew automatically?
Cheers,

Matt
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th Apr 2013
17:15:04
Matt, What exactly is your problem?

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017