Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Banning
Mark Killen
Canada

11th Nov 2012
01:17:54
Sorry
But I've tried everything is states to band someone and its just simply not working. Can anyone help please

Wood
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

11th Nov 2012
10:13:31
Banning will stop a user coming back in with the same ip address or gamespy/name. There are some twonks out there that will keep changing the above to get around the ban.

Is this your problem or are you saying the software isn't working?
Mark Killen
Canada

14th Nov 2012
05:28:05
Hi Dave
Sorry for the late delay but been busy at work. As it stands right now we have the server set up so direct IP can be used. Is it my understanding that you can only ban players if they are connecting through gamespy?

Another couple of issues please

1. I've also noticed to that members I have given in our wing to have admin status on the server does not seem to save. When they are connected I will check them as admin but when they exit and return they no longer had admin status.

2. I have set up on airbases that players can not enter or will be kicked if they spawn on the runway. This does not seem to work correctly as I have seen player continue to spawn on runway. Granted this is a member that had connected previously back out but not disconnect and come back in on the runway but that still should not happen.

3. Also, is there a way to prevent players from spawning in the air at anytime?

Cheers
Mark
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Nov 2012
08:37:48
No you can ban using direct connection but it's easier for a user to connect quickly using another name. Banning someone records their name and ip address. If they join again and either matches they will be kicked.

Players will loose admin status if their ip address has changed. In these cases you are better giving them the passcode to generate tokens. See the admin panel of fsopen for details.

Send me an email next time you have a problem with runway spawners and I'll come in and check it out.

Not sure if I could write something that stops spawning in the air. I'll have a look.
Mark Killen
Canada

14th Nov 2012
19:39:44
Sounds Great thanks Dave.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1837364706