Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Help Hosting
Kyle Thompson
United States
15th Dec 2012
00:02:35
I logged onto FSOpen and Pilot Assistant then I logged onto FSX and opened a session. How do I get my session to show on your Session page? Thanks from a Newbie
Steff Missot
Netherlands

15th Dec 2012
00:43:32
Please read this page carefully:

http://fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

15th Dec 2012
09:17:32
Kyle,

Some of the infomation on the link Steff Sent You Is Slightly Out Of Date. Im sure it will be updated soon.

To show the session on the FSOpen Session list youll need to tick the box within the 'Settings' tab that says 'Publish IP to FSOpen.co.uk'

Hopefully This Picture Works (Sorry For The Size):

Regards
Joe
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

15th Dec 2012
09:18:48
You Will Of Course need to fill out the rest of the boxes then hit 'Save' in the bottom right

Joe
Fab Nig
Belgium

15th Dec 2012
17:17:02
hi ,

We have a session on fsopen but we have no players added on your page when they are connected.

what's append?

(sorry i'm baby in english)
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

15th Dec 2012
17:25:05
Make sure you're using ports 6112 to 6122
Dave Taylor
United States

17th Dec 2012
16:16:38
ok another newbie question where do I change the ports to 6112 and/or 6122....? where do I find this? because I show a session but haven't had any players so dont know if I am doing something wrong or what
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

17th Dec 2012
16:49:03
Watch the video on the front page to check the ports.

Ask a friend to connect to you to test it works ok.
Dave Taylor
United States

18th Dec 2012
15:36:41
Got it dave and thanks had everything set right just no one likes me LOL but ya doing good work dave, and if thats you making the videos cool, luv the english accent. Keep up your outstanding work
Dave Taylor
United States

18th Dec 2012
16:06:10
Ok Dave question I have Fsopen running anf FSX and Pilot assist, running and login to sessions and heres what I see it doesnt show a ATC on line and when I type !help it doesnt show any help commmands in the chat box. Am and what am I doing wrong?
Fast Furious Flyers 209.203.201.13 FSX English players 0 ATC 0

Im stumped and a newbie
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

18th Dec 2012
18:51:47
Hello Dave,

The never version of the Server Software gives the user the option to choose whether or not to send out robot messages in the chat box.

When you go to log in you will have a radio button asking whether or not you want to enable chat commands. It needs to be set to 'Yes' as shown below

If you dont want to reset the server software yet, then at the bottom of the software on the bottom bar you will see "Robot Status:" check to see if it says 'on' or 'off'

You can see what I mean from the screenshot I posted earlier on in this topic

Regards
Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Dec 2012
23:03:59
Dave Taylor. You need a dedicated server for the Robot to answer you from a different PC as well as what Joe says above.

PS
I think you'll find its yourself speaking English with an accent not me:)
Dave Taylor
United States

20th Dec 2012
16:06:48
ROFL Ive been told I speak funny especially after a few pints :) but yes I have the box checked yes for robot or robot on. will try again and see if it shows up because it should show a ATC online if Im running on right?? And will it also show me in the session as well??
Dave Taylor
United States

20th Dec 2012
16:26:55
Ok, Dave I think somethings wrong because I logged into ya website to find sessions to join and nothings showing up, its not listing anything, please check and see if Im still sane...
thanks
David
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

21st Dec 2012
10:24:26
There is always about 40 listed. Are you still having trouble?
Dave Taylor
United States

21st Dec 2012
16:07:24
Hey Dave nope working good now that was weird didnt work at all yesterday but this morning its workin really good better then before. If ya did anything good job
AND let me the first to wish you and yours and everyone on here a VERY
MERRY
CHRISTMAS
and
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Dave Taylor
United States

21st Dec 2012
18:43:20
Ok, Dave.
my question is when I host a session why does it not show up that a ATC is online when I host that?? I'm still having that problem where its not showing players online OR a ATC online..
Should it show a ATC online if you host that type of session??
and
Is it susposed to show you online if you are hosting??

I'm just curious cuz it doesn't show my ATC to let people know theres a ATC available
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

21st Dec 2012
18:55:40
Read the instructions Dave!

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 559508820