Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Scenery issue?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
15:30:42
Since moving onto the FSOpen software, I have been experiencing issues with my weather. When I get above (usually) 5000ft, I have issues. I have clouds up to my level but when I look outside, there are clouds lower down which are basically empty polygons, when I descend, the polygons go and scenery is normal again. My computer is running with plenty of spare capacity and this problem occurs with a few other people within the group. It doesnt happen when on Free Flight, just when using FSOpen software. Any ideas?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
16:03:28
What software are you using, open clouds, pilot assistant or just connected to one of our servers?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
16:12:25
Im on the BVA/FSX Multiplay server using Pilot assistant OR Open Clouds (Use both but not at the same time). Thank you for the rapid reply Dave
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
16:18:20
It does sound like your pc is not able to cope with the extra weather.

Can you attach or send a screen shot?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
16:23:22
See that's what I thought aswell but CPU, ram, frame rates, everything is fine. It's not putting a stress on the pc. Ill get to my computer later and send a photo
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
17:16:20
Could be lack of Video memory
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
17:22:56
It's just odd as I didn't have it before they changed server. Could it be real weather on the server clashing with pilot assistants weather generator?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

22nd Dec 2012
17:43:34
Nope. You either use one or the other. If you use fsx real weather there's not as much so you have less stress on your pc.
Robert Cohen
Canada

23rd Dec 2012
13:34:28
hummm on fogged in Fridays myself and some of our guys are saying they are not getting the fog like others are getting it do you thing the pilot assistant could have anything to do with it ?? just a thought have to see if the other guys are using pilot assistant also will let you know :-)

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1923224684