Lukas Schülter
Germany

24th Dec 2012
22:21:30
Hello guys,

I have a problem, when I trying to run my FSOpen-Server it allways say
"Unable to listen to network traffic. Ensure you have installed WinPap..."
and "Failed to open network".
I have installed WinPcap and restarted my PC like the way in the description.
What can I do now?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

24th Dec 2012
22:39:02
Did you reboot after installing winpcap?
Lukas Schülter
Germany

25th Dec 2012
09:39:10
Sure I have reboot my PC. I've done the complete setup like the description on fsopen.co.uk.
Sean Erickson
United States

28th Dec 2012
00:06:46
I was attempting to download the link for me to start hosting the session, but was confronted with my antivirus program stating, "Uncommon files that has been downloaded from other host may harm your computer" The only actions was not to run or save the program or delete it completely. One way or the other, it won't allow me to download your link. My computer runs on Vista. Thank you for taking my concern.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th Dec 2012
00:25:16
Hi Sean,

Perhaps you should be talking to who you pay for your antivirus software?
Sean Erickson
United States

28th Dec 2012
01:02:50
They said it's for security purposes and adviced me to check with the Microsoft Explorer that I attempted to download your program. Instead, I decided to downloaded from your site with the use of Google Chrome and it was a success. Thank you again for giving me some good hints and I'm looking forward to enjoy the session I will be hosting.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th Dec 2012
08:26:08
I'd recommend you use Chrome or Firefox all the time. Chrome will warn you of sites that contain any malware etc from an up to date database. Internet Explorer is about as useful as Windows 8!!

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1579371146