Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

getting on other sessions
John Terry
United States
24th Mar 2013
01:38:57
I have helped my friends set up sessions, but I can't get yo them. They get in mine no problem and I have only a 3 mb connection at its best.
Is theere something we need to check?????
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

24th Mar 2013
13:45:47

Try here
http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/#faq
John Terry
United States
27th Mar 2013
11:47:59
Dave
They tried but nobody can connect to their session. I see them on session page, thats it.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

27th Mar 2013
12:15:38
The session will appear on the list irregardless to whether the settings are correct or not.

He needs to make sure that he has forwarded his ports on his router to the Internal IP address of the server machine (192.168...). If the IP of this machine is not Static (set to take that IP from the network every time) then I suggest you do that to ensure the ports are forwarded to the correct computer each time the network restarts. To do this, you change the settings in the network adapter settings (IPv4). Ill let you look that up. It's not as difficult as it may sound!

Also make sure that the windows firewall and any other software acting as as a firewall is set to allow both incoming and out coming connections from the ports for FSX. Commonly this is the one that people miss out !

Just go to your start bar and type in the search box 'Advance' you'll get the security option appear. You Change it all in there.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Mar 2013
12:18:33
Joe, irregardless????

John, I'll send you an email.
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

27th Mar 2013
13:05:14
It was supposed to be 'regardless' . I'm doing this on my phone.

'The session will appear on the website even if the settings are incorrect'

What I'm trying to say is that just because the session is on the website doesn't mean that users can connect to it.

Quite why I didn't say that in the first place, I don't know!

Joe

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 456844861