Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

iOS app
Luke Cope
United Kingdom

31st Mar 2013
14:56:32
Is the any chance you could create a flight strips app so that the flight sim can be full screen on a pc and so easier to read. This would be off big benefit as swapping fsx and flight strips makes the computer slow down somewhat.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

31st Mar 2013
18:58:16
....buy a second screen for your PC.

Half the price of any IOS device and twice as productive :)
Steff Missot
Netherlands

31st Mar 2013
19:05:41
Also,

There are apps on the market that turn your Android/iOS into an additional screen instead of duplicating one.
So then your phone/tablet becomes a new touchscreen!

Lots of people use a tablet as FMC but it's the same idea.
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

31st Mar 2013
20:30:18
I have to agree with both Dave and Steff

Sadly, developing for iOS is a real pain. Not only is a real in depth knowledge of Objective C and Cocoa (not vital) required (to develop an app as complicated as Flight Strips) but you have to have a developer licence from Apple and the app has to be approved before it can even hit the store.

What Steff has said is a very good alternative. Apps such as AirDisplay where your iPad can act as a touch screen display is a really good idea.

Perhaps an online alternative would be nice. Maybe if you get a bit bored Dave! Haha

Joe
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

8th Apr 2013
23:54:03
Is there a way to incorporate this into Open Control?

You can link your tablet to your computer with a "simple" piece of programming if I'm correct?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

9th Apr 2013
08:52:53
The best solution would be an html version of flightstrip.

However, it's not going to happen any time soon. Huge amount of work for the benefit of a few users. A second screen on the same PC or a 2nd PC remain the best options.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

9th Apr 2013
18:52:17
Luke,

I downloaded an app this morning for £6.50. It's called Avatron Air Display. It simply acts as an extra monitor. All you need to do is move whatever you want on a separate screen onto your tablet.

I've had a few issues with it on Windows 7 x64 but the support has been really good. I'm in the process of downloading some updates and other drivers to sort the issue. The issue I'm having is that the FMC (In your case, it could be flight strips) is appearing on the screen, it's interactive but as I use the keys, the FMC bits change in the cockpit but not on screen..

This defies the object of the app, with the problems.. I know but there is something here, it is available and the support is good.

I will keep this thread updated and let you know how I get on

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1190142662