Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

A Kick... In the right direction?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
21:26:18
Okay, so a player comes onto your server and decides to taxi around the ground/fly around your controlled airspace. You're the controller and you're busy...
!k Player.... Simple

But this guy could become a valuable member to your server, you've just got rid of him simply because he wasn't following the rules.. He goes onto another server, the same happens... He gets fed up... Hits the bottle... Becomes an alcoholic and beats his dog because he has no idea why he's being kicked all the time! Yet, it could simply be because he may not understand! You can't punish someone for that!

My suggestion..
!k Player You are taxiing in controlled airspace
!k player You are flying in controlled airspace, contact ATC

Could you introduce a reason section within the Kick function. So then, the player sees what he's done wrong, understands.. comes back and does it correctly! I feel rather rude when I have to kick people simply because they're getting in the way, half the time, its not their fault! This would also stop a lot of dog beatings!

Can the other Server Admins/members please tell me if you agree with this
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
22:17:03
I like the idea but am struggling to see how the player will be able to view the reason for their kicking.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
22:31:34
Well, When he is kicked, a label comes up "The host has ejected you from the session"... Incorporate it into that?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
22:36:17
Or even before he actually gets kicked, have a 5-7second delay, and have a green text bar go across the top of the screen? Just some way of letting that guy know why he's been ejected
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
22:44:06
I don't understand SimConnect anywhere near as much as Dave does but to my knowledge, the green notifications bar can only be activated client side.

This is why, to my knowledge, the only people you can send 'Alerts' to by Flight Strips/Pilot Assistant are those that are running a client that inserts the banner into their own FSX. (Pilot Assistant and Flight Strips)

I like the idea, honestly I do, I imagine there are many people out there that want to join communities but are not aware of the rules in place and are hence removed from the server rather quickly but to my knowledge, as mentioned above, I don't see a way of doing this.

Maybe Dave can correct me.

Maybe Dave could add the page back to the website that holds a list of users Kicked and along side this the reason for kicking.

Just a suggestion

Regards

Joe
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2013
22:51:19
We'll have to see what he says :) I understand nothing about this sort of thing :)

Hope all is well Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

5th Apr 2013
09:58:59
I can only display a message if a user is running pilot assistant. This is very unlikely for new users, however if they are then you can send the player a message from your own pilot assistant or flight strips asking them to move or contact you etc.

Also consider a dedicated landing page on your web site explaining rules you expect people to follow, email address for help etc. I think all the sessions on fsopen link to the main page on their website, no reason why it can't point to a dedicated landing page for your session.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

5th Apr 2013
10:34:09
Yea got all that, as much as we try and get all our users to download Pilot Assistant, Some just don't.

Thanks for your input Dave
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

6th Apr 2013
17:01:36

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 2103798744