Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Cannot create connection to host
Callum Barnett
Isle of Man

17th Apr 2013
09:11:45
I got a new computer and tried to connect. When I try to connect it comes up with the error. Any help Please
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

17th Apr 2013
12:32:21
Callum,

Check your hosts IP address. If these are not static, they can change regularly.
Callum Barnett
Isle of Man

17th Apr 2013
13:31:12
I used the ip off the website
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

17th Apr 2013
15:38:40
Have you allowed sufficient time for it to connect, it can take a while. If you are getting the ip off the sessions list or/and website, that can't be the issue.
Callum Barnett
Isle of Man

17th Apr 2013
15:56:33
I give it as long as it takes but after a few mins of trying to connect it comes up with the error.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

17th Apr 2013
16:10:50
Oh dear... Have you tried different IP's? Go on the sessions list tab and have a try
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

17th Apr 2013
16:56:11
Callum,

Make sure you have both service pack one and two installed or you have acceleration pack installed.

Joe
Callum Barnett
Isle of Man

17th Apr 2013
17:43:26
Works now thanks.

Callum
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

17th Apr 2013
19:54:28
Brilliant, Its a common step that people miss out when reinstalling FSX.

A side note however to all who read this post, please check around the site to see if your question is answered anywhere before asking on the forum.

Chances are your question is either so often asked and is therefore displayed on a page somewhere. If its not, use the search bar to have a look through the forum posts to see if anything has already been mentioned.

I personally, cant speak for anyone else, do not have a problem answering these questions for you but it takes time for one of us to see the post. If you have a look around first your problem will be resolved so much quicker!

The answer to this particular question is at the very top of the sessions list itself - You will need FSX service packs one and two or acceleration to join these games.

Just makes it easier for you

Regards

Joe
Mike Sisti
United States
28th Apr 2013
21:53:06
I have a different problem, I'm hosting a session which is shown on the sessions page on a 2nd computer. problem is i can't connect with my main computer. It keep timing out.
Is it possible to host on 1 and join in the session on another?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

29th Apr 2013
10:40:09
Yes, make sure they're both service packed or running acceleration and ports on the server machine are open on your firewall.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 266326104