Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Open Control For ATC
Dan Zilfighnezcher
United Arab Emirates

23rd Jun 2013
18:04:32
To the developers of Open Control/Flight Strips,
I really request you make Flight Strips available on iPad's and Android tablets. It may be something like Open Control
(via WIFI) or in the form of an app on the AppStore and Play Store. With the release of Note 8.0 and other devices we may be able to control our flight strips via the tablet and have our radar on full screen on our PC. This will also significantly reduce the load on our PC's and will help ATC's with low config PC's. This will further enhance the experience and the user will a electronic flight strips experience like at the real level. I will really appreciate if a software like this is made.
NOTE: If possible also improve the radar on the flight strips software as this will help Ground Controllers. Holding points, Updated Maps, the option to view SID's and easy to understand colour coding will make the job easier.
Spencer Morgan
United States

24th Jun 2013
00:08:41
I don't mean for this to answer for Dave, but my guess is that this would take a lot of changing of the Flight Strips software script and would totally change the way the program works because it is built to detect when you are in an FSOpen session. It couldn't work on an iPad because it doesn't have FSX and I don't think that a WIFI setup would be reasonable to expect for Dave to setup but great idea!

Kind Regards,
Chase Morgan
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

24th Jun 2013
09:32:21
Hi Dan,

I have thought about this before but as Spencer says, the amount of time this would take compared to the number of users, it would be cheaper for me to buy everyone a new PC!
David Figge
United States

24th Jun 2013
15:49:39
Dave,

Thanks again for all the time you've put into this Dave.

Have you considered making flight strips and or pilot assistant web apps instead of an OS software?

Best regards!
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

24th Jun 2013
20:34:03
No, both use simconnect to talk to fsx which is not possible to use directly within a web page
Dan Zilfighnezcher
United Arab Emirates

25th Jun 2013
19:02:01
FSX Radar add on for OpenControl ?
that shall help significantly
Only Radar ( the one in FSX )
How about improving the radar in flight strips ?
Its very useful fr ground controllers but some updating needs to be done.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 447762321