Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Open Clouds & Multiplayer.
Ben Jay
Australia

19th Sep 2013
04:28:15
Heya sorry if this is already in a post, not good on forums & couldn't find a search feature.

Was just curious if open clouds sends weather over multiplayer(even if I buy a sub), as tried it once or twice, but client only got
the weather the open clouds set for EGCC on load in.

Once I updated they got no new weather.
Note I am only doing a FSX Lan server over Hamachi if this is the issue?

Thanks muchly for any advise or help in advance.
BeeJay
Ben Jay
Australia

19th Sep 2013
04:59:19
Just so I don't need to start another topic, Also I have purchased 3 month sub to open clouds. is there anyway that I can get the weather via the pilot assistant button outside the uk now I have sub, or do I have to use open clouds for the weather then pilot assistant for it's other uses??

Again thanks.. awesome product.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Sep 2013
08:01:36
Ben, Currently you can only use your licence with open clouds, I might change this in the future but currently no timescale.

If you use open clouds on your server it will only send about 250 miles radius data from your sever to any clients. This is a limitation of fsx rather than open clouds. Also if the weather changes once loaded, this will never be passed on to any clients.

Hamachi is not the cause of the problem although I'd advise you not to use it as I'm sure it's leaving your network open to attack.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Sep 2013
08:02:36
ps. To search the forum or any other page on the site try the seach link!!!!!

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 2113010367