Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Trouble joining sessions
Jed Williams
Australia
25th Sep 2013
07:20:00
Hello all.
I am hoping you can help me with an ongoing problem with joining the sessions displayed on this website.
For a few, I can join with no problem.
For the rest, whenever I try to join, they come up with an error message saying "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart flight simulator and select different graphics, scenery or traffic settings". Upon closing this box, FSX closes as well. I have changed all the required settings multiple times, to no avail.
Could anyone help me with this? I badly want to be able to access all the sessions for full enjoyment.
Thanks,
Jed
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

25th Sep 2013
08:39:56
I guess that you have a bad add on plane on your machine that is being substituted and causing your PC to run our of resources.

Try moving your add on planes into a temp directory and see if that fixes it.
Jed Williams
Australia
25th Sep 2013
08:44:27
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will try moving all of my addon planes to a temporary folder as you advise.
Will inform how I get on.
Thanks,
Jed
Jed Williams
Australia
25th Sep 2013
09:19:50
On removing all flyable addon Aircraft, I am still having the same problem.
I am now trying with the AI Traffic.
I forgot to mention before that every now and again I can join them (that is the Europe session that I always try), but only for a limited time.
Also, this is also happening on my other computer.
Thanks,
Jed
Jed Williams
Australia
25th Sep 2013
09:21:12
Ok, that has not worked either.
Should I try the repaints?
Thanks.
Jed Williams
Australia
26th Sep 2013
01:21:09
Does anyone else have any suggestions for what I could do to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Jed
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

29th Sep 2013
10:25:05
Hi Jed i used to have the same problem in areas such as Kennedy Intl and would get the same error message. I tried tweaking my graphics but no luck. I then used a website called Venetubo. www.venetubo.com/fsx.htm. This will assess your computers compatibility with fsx and will create a new cfg file. You can use this link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQe14NHsck for a better idea as to how to use it. It will change your setting to how it should be run. I havent had a problem since. Need any more help just let me know.
Jed Williams
Australia
30th Sep 2013
07:12:46
Thanks Chris, will look at that website and see if it helps.
Many thanks,
Jed
Tony Koskinen
Germany

6th Oct 2013
18:42:05
I had the exact same issue with my low-end Laptop.
All I did was add the following line under [Graphics] to my FSX.CFG

HIGHMEMFIX=1

By Default FSX only allocates 512 MB of RAM to the game. By Adding this line it will allocate max. 4 GB depending on how much available RAM your computer has.
I guess the Venetubo tweak would also add that, but I recommend to try this first, and if it still doesn't work then use the website.
Jed Williams
Australia
7th Oct 2013
21:37:47
Thanks Toby, will do.
Jed
Jed Williams
Australia
7th Oct 2013
21:40:43
Is the fsx.cfg located in the main fsx folder?
Thanks,
Jed
Curley Campbell
United States
7th Oct 2013
22:14:35
Normal location for the FSX.Cfg...is... C:/Users/your nick/appdata/roaming/microsoft/FSX

IF, you do not see the appdata folder... you will need to return to your windows control panel... select FOLDER OPTIONS... from the box that opens.. select VIEW... here (about 6 down).. you will see "hidden files and folders". Check the box that says "show hidden files,folders.and drives."
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

8th Oct 2013
06:20:30
Just search %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
Jed Williams
Australia
8th Oct 2013
06:28:01
Thanks Chris, but I already found it thanks to curly.
Trouble is, after inserting that line after the GRAPHICS heading in both the cfg. and the readme version the problem is still coming up.
Jed Williams
Australia
8th Oct 2013
06:28:35
Which one is it meant to go under?
Thanks
Jed
Curley Campbell
United States
8th Oct 2013
15:07:40
You stated you put that in the Graphics and "in both the cfg and the readme version ??? Not sure what you are saying here... it only goes one place... in the [Graphics] section of your FSX.CFG file.

Did you use the tool at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html ?? This automatically inserts that line... along with some other fixes.

IF so... then need more info... can you pls post your system specs. (desktop/laptop, O/S, CPU type/speed, type of Graphic card, amount of ram, etc)
Jed Williams
Australia
8th Oct 2013
20:46:02
what I meant was that there is also a readme version of the fsx.cfg there, does it go in that too?
Thanks
Jed
Curley Campbell
United States
8th Oct 2013
22:47:41
No... as I stated, it goes in the fsx.cfg only. I highly recommend running the "Tweaking and Tuning tool for (FSX SP2/Accel - ESP/Prepar3D)" ... which is the link that has been posted twice. Again, this will add the line and fix some other things.
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

9th Oct 2013
09:55:22
Honestly Jed just use venutubo which me and curley are suggesting. It is so simple and only takes a couple minutes of your time. If you didnt understand the youtube video i will make one so that we can solve the problem.
Jed Williams
Australia
11th Oct 2013
11:31:00
Yeah thanks, will do hopefully soon.
One more question - do I have to be on the computer with the problem when I go onto venetubo? or can I be on another comp and state my specs etc?
Thanks
Curley Campbell
United States
11th Oct 2013
12:52:49
It creates a new FSX.cfg for the computer you are ON.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 74666471