Sweden
25th Nov 2013
19:49:20
Mari pl is on the server now end works fine
Marek Liberadzki
Poland

25th Nov 2013
19:53:11
Yes - I'm on session right now - until now everyting is OK :) Flying close to EGCC airport.

Mari
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

25th Nov 2013
19:55:27
OK, my software isn't picking you up but thats ok, I'm capturning all the data to look at tomorrow.

Could you please try some comments in chat.
Robert Cohen
Canada

25th Nov 2013
21:27:15
what version & cost does one have to get to be able to fly on the server??
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

25th Nov 2013
22:34:38
P3D version 2.0, cost me $60 for academic licence.
I wanted to buy three as I need to test multiplayer but I only have one pc that supports dx11.

Robert Cohen
Canada

26th Nov 2013
01:31:39
Ill let my guys know about the test server we have some that have perpar3d how many can fly on the server at one time?
Robert Dunn
United States
26th Nov 2013
06:55:13
Thanks for the P3Dv2 host server, Dave. I've been logged on for about 10 hours but in a strange configuration. I'm traveling with a capable desktop and connected to a strong fast internet. I've parked a Bonanza on the tarmac at your universe's SeaTac (KSEA) without flying it and sent a few chat messages to you as "The Host" in tower role. I'm at my son's house connected to you but I'm TeamViewer managing that computer's connection from my little travel laptop at my timeshare condo elsewhere in the Las Vegas area.

Do you get my chat messages? I find the multiplayer connection stable with no lag nor any other problems. I'm also running a P3Dv2 host server under msFLIGHTS.net's name off of our traditional FSX-FSOpen host since P3Dv2's release. In my chat messages to you in-game I proposed steering all P3Dv2 multi pilots to your host and I asked you what your testing intentions were. I will commit the resources to a 24/7 P3Dv2 host if it benefits the greater simming world in general and our community in particular but... It is not my intention to split and splinter a small multiplayer population, 'specially with you. I seek your counsel and your hosting intentions here. I'll post more details either here in your forum or in emails to you if you would like.

Concurrency with FSX is what I'm eventually seeking, hopefully under FSOpen's Server"3" software. P3Dv2 pilots would hopefully be able to see and interact with representations of FSX pilots and vice versa. If you have any intention of such concurrency in your software development, I will support you philosophically and logistically any way you deem helpful. Just as I'm not interested in dividing a possibly small pool of P3Dv2 pilots needlessly, I don't want to isolate the P3Dv2 enthusiasts from those who can't or choose not to migrate from FSX to P3Dv2. Similarly, I would much rather you lead the P3Dv2 discussions here and steer them towards information you find helpful. With my full permission and at my request, please feel free to delete my thread of 21 November and take P3Dv2 multi topics of discussion in directions that you desire.

Respects, Bob...

ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Robert Dunn
United States
26th Nov 2013
07:15:25
Dave, I forgot to mention that Waterman posted on our P3Dv2 discussions on our website of the existence of your FSOpen P3dV2 test host very soon after you opened for testing. The reference to your host is, however, buried in our discussions here. You are registered and verified on our forum (full posting privileges). Please feel free to come discuss what you have in mind with your test host and your overall P3Dv2 multiplayer support with our large-ish number of P3Dv2 multi interested pilots.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

26th Nov 2013
08:07:08
Wow, woke up this morning and I've got 100 MB of data to go through.

Is anyone out there able to run a dedicated server and give me teamviwer access?
Robert Dunn
United States
26th Nov 2013
17:48:25
Dave, I replied to your email with the information you seek and a positive reply to your request.

Respects, Bob...
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

26th Nov 2013
17:57:53
Cheers Bob,

This will be our test server now.

Robert Dunn
United States
26th Nov 2013
22:38:02
I read and fully agree. I personally am typing from cellular now. I'll make an announcement on msFLIGHTS.net forum & TeamSpeak declaring your TeamViewer presence on IP 71.231.12.143 running P3Dv2 as test host server 24/7.

Respects, Bob...
Robert Dunn
United States
27th Nov 2013
00:59:10

I have informed msFLIGHTS.net community and staff of an exploratory relationship between FSOpen.co.uk and msFLIGHTS.net concerning software development and testing as well as public P3Dv2 multiplayer session hosting in our our website's Tech Chat forum under the thread 'Prepar3D v2.0 - Details and Discussion (Out Nov. 25th)', post # 43.

http://msflights.net/forum/showthread.php?1227-Prepar3D-v2-0-Details-and-Discussion-(Out-Nov-25th)&p=6606#post6606

Respects, Bob...

ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Nov 2013
21:55:36
Quick update on the test server with msFlights.

So far I'be managed to trap users joining/leaving, got the chat commands working and pilots starting. Still got a lot more to do but the test server itself seems to be very stable.

Thanks to everyone who's been in so far, it all helps me get the data I need to work out what's happening.

I'm thinking we should maybe book a big event and publish everywhere to really test our systems!
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

27th Nov 2013
22:15:48
Dave,

My question to you is, although you are obviously going to be throwing all your time and effort into p3D from now, what happens to us FSX Users? Will you still be regularly updating?

My other question is, it's obvious that there is an arrangement between yourself and Europe when it comes to sessions list ranking, and now with MSFlights P3D server which is now top of that list, I feel it is going to become harder for the FSX Sessions to maintain a respectable position on the list. As a relatively new community of less than 6 months old, we rely heavily on this session listing status for attracting new members, if you are going to continue your support for p3d, where does that leave us? Will these other hosts get preferential treatment because they are p3d hosts? Will you offer two session lists, one for FSX,mine for p3d? Will you adapt your software so that FSX and p3d can use the same server?

As I've stated, my community depends, rather more than it possibly should, on your sessions list for attracting new members, I need to be sure that if we continue to route traffic to your site, we will be adequately rewarded with the status in your sessions list, as is agreed on your sessions page regrading the servers advertising.

We are now about to branch into Facebook and Google ads and so hopefully, we will be less demanding and reliant on this sessions list, but with so many servers being hosted by yourself, it's important for me that we hold a reputable position.

Apologies of this is off topic, but I require the answers as I'm a little worried that the new changes, and the fact I'm not looking to host p3d until it is proven itself, will affect my community

Regards
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Nov 2013
22:59:51
I am throwing my effort into supporting P3D at the moment but only to get it to the same level as fsx. After that it will be in tandem. At some point users will stop using fsx and move to a new platform, whatever that is. If it's P3D 2.x, 3.x then your group will have an upgrade path.

The current fsFlights P3D test server gets to the top of the list as I need as many people on it as possible to get fsopen working. This was my call and my thanks to Bob for giving me full access to do as I want with this server. I couldn't be doing this without him. That said, when I'm happy getting P3D support to the same level as fsx then the session will revert to normal listing.

Every group seems to think I take back handers or bribes to get their session to the top of the list. I don't work that way, and if I did I think it would soon become common knowledge and no one would bother listing here. When I ran our own sessions it put other people off.

You can be assured that FSopen is and will remain an impartial multiplayer community forever. :)
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

28th Nov 2013
07:21:55
Dave,

The reason people think that is because everyone under Europe jigs and moves about almost on a daily basis. When we drop to fourth or fifth, we ask one or two members to click on the host link which always takes us up. When I was with FSXATC, I never saw Europe budge, ever. Since starting FSXW, I've also never seen them budge. That's a long time, so people are going to wonder, especially when they hardly make any reference to you on their website. This is just an observation, I'm not implying anything but it does kind of seem that way.

I fully agree with the fact you are throwing everything into P3D, t shows that FSOpen is versatile and would like to accommodate for everyone, that can only be a good thing. One day, we will move over to that platform if it proves worthwhile.

I'm also glad to hear you still intend to fully support FSX. I do apologise for the questions regarding p3d/FSX, but as I'm sure you understand, I just needed to make sure we will continue to get the same level of commitment as you've shown us before, especially in recent times with updates such as gliders and admin roles, it's good to know you listen :)

Thank you
Robert Dunn
United States
28th Nov 2013
20:49:12
Mr. Bartlam, IMHO, your points and questions are valid. At one time, I privately held a similar opinion on the subject of FSOpen sessions listing orders, which I alluded to (privately I thought) in a commendation oriented post to an active senior operator, Mulder. Because Mr. Wave took the time to register on our forum and correct me, rebut my implied assumption and explain the reality of the mechanics of listing order, I do not now believe that listing order is unduly influenced by Dave Wave's arbitrary manipulation nor by undisclosed arraignments nor deals.

For special purposes and for a limited time, Dave and I have agreed in principle that the wider flight simming world would be best served with the creation and definition of a single Prepar3D version 2 multiplayer host server configured with a developmental installation of FSOpen ServerX (ServerP3D ?). For good and altruistic reason, it's FSOpen sessions listing is uppermost. To more clearly reflect this host server's purpose and intention, I am proposing to Dave to relabel this IP 71.231.12.143 P3Dv2 listing with a slightly different name and more definitive FSOpen sessions listing information, in game session description and public reference generally.

My personal preferences and suggestions for a host label change will be 'FSOpen-MSF P3D TEST'. I herein am making that request and stating my intentions to relabel immediately.

I will blog more extensively on msFLIGHTS.net forum on the general subject of P3Dv2 multiplayer and more specifically on community and third party support for P3Dv2 multi. I will describe and link to those future blogs here as well as Prepar3D.com forum and FSX Beyond Gamespy forum.

Respects, Bob...
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

28th Nov 2013
23:29:39
Bob,

Good evening my friend. I truly respect and appreciate the MSFlights represented server being top of the FS Open sessions list. As a future programme that myself and my members will be turning too (if the feedback is good enough from this forum and around the sim world) I feel it's important that you guys test it every single way you can. I hope that my previous comments were not taken the wrong way, I seem to have a knack of typing things without reading them back from a different perspective. I should have learnt that by now.

I will now stand back and monitor this thread and related threads regarding the trialling of the MSFlights/FSOpen led P3D server, and of course wish it all the best as the developments are made, not only to people's opinions and experiences, but also to the FSOpen server and brand.

Once again, apologies if those comments came across the wrong way, that was not my intention
Robert Dunn
United States
29th Nov 2013
08:30:29
My brother in arms, David Bartlam; Thanks so much for your words here. You know we are all good between our communities and between you and I personally. I'll go on at length to you personally when I get home.

Dave Wave, Instruct us as to how you want to standardize communications between our host server operators and you in your software development and test operations. In the interim, a host desktop notepad is open. It reads thusly as of this posting:

Hi, Dave Wave ~Mulder

Dave Wave:
FSOpen OLD admin and ban IP list cleared. FSOpen
automessage changed. Session lable renamed. Fair Weather
theme, Gatwick host airport, session time minus 5 hours
from real time. In game voice is DISABLED per your
insructions. Change settings as you see fit. P3D
software found not open at all, I edited FSOpen settings
and restarted. FSOpen Server2, altho edited, was NOT
restarted. Bob @ 06:00 UTC

Additionally, not on that host server notepad saved to desktop as filename "HOST ADMIN COMMUNICATION NOTEPAD.txt:

FSOpen Server2 settings website changed to FSOpen.co.uk home page. Server2 TeamSpeak settings links to MSFLIGHTS.JMAINGUY.COM (ours). Server2 automessage extensively changed. Kick limit changed to "never". (Our hardware and 20 Mb/s upload, 120 Mb/s down will take that setting if the clients can).

I'm on the road, Las Vegas to Seattle on Saturday PST. Contact Mulder on host server notepad, our TeamSpeak, your forum in this thread, our forum via private message (MulderPilot13) or at Mulder@msflights.net if you need host server TeamViewer help while I drive the western deserts of the US.

Respects, Bob...
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

29th Nov 2013
09:33:34
ok Robert, will use notepad on server for future updates.

I think voice was on yesterday,can you confirm.

I have a 10 week old puppy that managed to chew threw my mic cable minutes before I wanted to test it!!!! It made quite a bit of noise lol, the mic not the puppy :)
Robert Dunn
United States
29th Nov 2013
19:52:33
I will dispatch Mulder for P3D in-game voice verification and testing as I have packed away for travel the desktop I was toting with me that is my only P3D client. When I reset the P3D software at 06:00 UTC (12 hours ago), I left unchecked the in game voice enablment. Please verify voice status on your client or on TeamViewer to host server. I now understand that in game voice is to be left ENABLED with 128 Kb/s voice quality setting until further notice. Is this correct? Please review all other FSOpen Server2 and P3D settings, texts and configurations and verify to me and Mulder that they are to your liking for development and test.

Respects, Bob @ 19:55 UTC
Robert Dunn
United States
29th Nov 2013
20:31:04
I set in game voice to ENABLED at 128k voice quality in a multiplayer reset at 20:26 UTC. Previous to this reset, in game voice was set to DISABLED. The P3D software was only multiplayer reset, not closed and reopened. The FSOpen Server2 software has not been rebooted by me ever. You will take care of FSOpen Server2 software reboots. Is the FSOpen software still under the msFLIGHTS.net license and therefore is the FSOpen ID and password the same as is our historical setting there? If not, please give Mulder and I an updated FSOpen ID and password that you may have created.

Respects, Bob @ 20:30 UTC
Simon Mulder
United States

2nd Dec 2013
02:11:27
Me, and Bob check the host notepad frequently, and you can reach me on our forums, TeamSpeak, or email as well. Bob is back home at the host so he may be more of a help as of now, as far as complete power reset of the machine, etc..

- Mulder
mulder@msflights.net
Robert Dunn
United States
2nd Dec 2013
05:15:31
Dave Wave,
We at msFLIGHTS.net are not touching nor rebooting the P3Dv2-FSOpen Server2 configurations. I see you have multiplayer rebooted to Clear Skies (clears all weather) theme. How does the testing of FSOpen's other features go? (Open Clouds, Flight Strips, ATC, TeamSpeak3, etc.) We report that in game voice does work and, as in FSX, there is some audio bleed from TeamSpeak3 to P3D in game voice. This audio needs to be further tested extensively. We assume that weather theme change to Clear Skies by you is to test Open Clouds? So far, the P3D host nor FSOpen Server2 have crashed nor needed resetting. If FSOpen Server2 should need resetting, what ID and password should be used? If we do not get your preferred Server2 password, I will boot Server2 with my own ROBERT DUNN 2 registration. I have left the Windows 8.1 user password for you in the notepad on the host. P3D usage continues to be very light. Reports from our community's pilots indicate that everything FSOpen related that has been tested works and that stability is excellent. How long do you anticipate before going public with a P3D version of Server2? Will there be just one Server2 covering both FSX and P3D? Other P3D host servers are being announced at Prepar3D.com. Should we encourage those hosts to contact you to list in FSOpen sessions? If so, can you take care of that or you can dispatch me to do so with clear message of instructions to the administrators of other P3D hosts. Like Mulder says above, I am now home and in attendance to the FSOpen-MSF P3Dv2 test host.

We have been testing this computer configured with a set of drives configured under Windows 8.1. There exists an entirely separate and dissociated set of drives for this same computer configured with Windows 7, latest updates. This Win7 set of drives has installed on them a working FSX Acceleration virgin installation (no third party addons of any sort) and a fully configured FSX FSOpen Server2 installation (settings per our community's standing operating procedures). Now that I am back in attendance to the machinery, feel free to call for a drive swap to this Win7 installation for any reason.

Respects, Bob...
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

2nd Dec 2013
22:48:14
About 75% complete. Put new version on yesterday. I've put an option in to log all data to a file so I can replay at my leisure. Will be useful for all users to debug problems in the future.

Will leave for a few days as I've got some other work that needs doing.
Robert Dunn
United States
3rd Dec 2013
20:03:22
FSOpen-msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 host server continues to run stabley, no crashes either P3D nor FSOpen Server2. I purchased one month's worth of developer's licence which is what this host is running on now with Windows 8.1 drives configuration. Today I am going to take that Win8.1 configuration off line for about 4 hours, swap out to another set of Windows 7 drives (totally separate drives), attempt to install the second developer's license permitted by Lockheed on that Win7 configuration and test stability. Regardless of these test results, I will then put the Win8.1 disks back on line as soon as I am done. I will report here and on Prepar3D.com forum and msFLIGHTS.net forum my findings.

When Dave Wave has FSOpen Server2 ready for release on the current Win8.1 configuration, I will invoke that Server2 release on the Win7 configuration and test P3Dv2-FSOpen Server2 combination and report.

My P3Dv2 developer's license (two authorized installs) expires 25 December. I will not renew the developer's monthly license but purchase an academic license or two on which to continue P3Dv2 hosting. Whether this means two academic licenses (one for Win8.1 drives, one for Win7 drives) or just one academic license I have yet to determine. Also, whether I host on Win8.1 or Win 7 has yet to be determined and will be decided upon in consultation with Dave Wave and the rest of the interested P3Dv2 pilots.

P3Dv2 server traffic continues to be very light. I have set packet kick limit to 'never' as the T-6 Texan default aircraft has times when it will draw over 1,300 packets (just like in FSX multi).

In game voice is set at 128k quality and sounds fine BUT... Initially I notice a 3 to 5 second lag when talking to Curley Campbell which makes voice interchange difficult. Also I could faintly hear myself talking thru my own speakers 5 seconds AFTER words left my lips. The work around here is for both sides to wait that length of time between conversational transmissions so as not to talk over one another's subsequent transmssion.

Dave Wave has indicated he won't be developing on the P3D host for a couple of days so this is the right time for to install and test on the separate Win7 disks.

Respects, Bob @ 20:00 UTC
Robert Dunn
United States
3rd Dec 2013
20:46:25
I closed P3Dv2 host and closed FSOpen Server2 on Win8.1 installation and then reopened both. The FSOpen registration used for Server2 was my own ROBERT DUNN 2. Everything seems to work normally and the session displays on FSOpen sessions listing normally. I am able to connect my client to this P3Dv2 multiplayer session normally. I will now close the session and proceed with my Win7 P3Dv2 installation, configuration and testing as described above in my post of 20:03 UTC

Respects, Bob...
Robert Dunn
United States
4th Dec 2013
01:45:18
FSOpen-msFLIGHTS.net Prepar3Dv2 host server is back up and running. WireShark is NOT invoked. Previous WireShark data is saved to desktop in filename 'Wireshark packet save 3 Dec.pcapng' Dave, please check configuration, reinvoke Wireshark monitoring and instruct me on future host operations.

Respects, Bob...
Geoff Server
United Kingdom

4th Dec 2013
17:14:37
Hi Bob Dave,
I was interested to know how many players are using the P3D server since it as launched?
Thanks Bob & Dave for putting a server and spending your time on it.
It might be a good idea for someone to provide a commentary on the findings of using/flying using the P3D server and program, might drum up more interest?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.fsxmultiplay.com
Robert Dunn
United States
4th Dec 2013
19:12:49
Hi, Geoff. The P3Dv2 host is VERY sparsely used. I'll keep it op 24/7 'til 25 December when my one month developer's license expires but after that, I'll be looking to take it back to msFLIGHTS.net FSX host duties 24/7. If I can get P3Dv2 to install on my other server (aka Henderson server, located in Henderson Nevada) like it should, then I'll run P3Dv2 host from Henderson. Right now, Henderson server is hosting msFLIGHTS.net FSX 24/7. There are very few if any public P3Dv2 hosts running 24/7 except me in conjunction with FSOpen's Server2 developmental efforts.

This P3Dv2 host is very stable, both P3Dv2 and FSOpen Server2 (which I have previously referred to as FSOpen ServerP3D or ServerX). I feel it is much more stable than the same hardware configuration running FSX host-FSOpen Server2. However, I understand Dave is working on an improved reconfiguration (hardware and program) for his FSX-FSOpen Server2 offering at this very moment.

I'll publish information cleaned from the FSOpen Server2 Joiners tab in the future but I just reset everything last night and that erased such ability to answer your question with hard joiner numbers, uniqueness of joiners and duration of visits.

Anecdotally, I've seen Curley Campbell from FSX Carrier Ops running comms checks, Rick from FreeFlightForAll (FSOpen sessions listed), Lite-Bright, you, me and a few other Player1s on intermittently. I continue to be very interested in facilitating this multiplayer platform but I read that basic P3Dv2 program installation client side is frustrating would-be participants. I have had similar P3D installation problems on other computers (like Henderson server) and I think I read between the lines at Prepar3D.com that the gang at Lockheed is trying their best but swamped with problems to solve.

What is your take on all this Geoff? I read everything you post...everywhere.

Respects, Bob @ 19:10 UTC
Robert Dunn
United States
6th Dec 2013
19:55:15
Dave, I upgraded the FSOpen-msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 host TeamViewer from v8 to v9. Apparently, the client side TeamViewer must also be upgraded to v9 to connect. However, v9 will backwardly be compatible and connect to old v8.

Respects, Bob...
Robert Dunn
United States
10th Dec 2013
09:39:03
Dave, I've disabled almost all autokicks including spawners on the P3Dv2 host. I've set packet kick limit to 'never'. The P3Dv2 IRIS T-6 Texan continues to want 1,300 packets a cycle, just as in FSX multi. Status tab shows several pilots kicked for spawning. I've left status tab info intact and you should take a TeamViewer look. If you have an explanation, I'd be all ears on that spawners thing. There are no gliders of course.

Remember that your WireShark hasn't been on in quite a while. Your earlier WireShark data is still saved on an obviously named file on the P3D host desktop.

I can commit to you this P3Dv2 host server until the completion of your ServerX modifications and I can reconfigure the same computer with a Windows 7 OS if that would do you any good.

I notice Max packet column doesn't currently display any values. I would like to pass along a request from our pilots that, if the programming time is convenient, that that Max Packets column should display packet peak from only the previous 30 second cycle and not packet peak since multiplayer logon. We know that that packet peak from the last cycle is displayed on user level !packet 'bot commands.

I'm using this computer for other things and... there is rarely any P3Dv2 pilots on so I've been turning the Server2 'bot off lately. You should feel free to turn that 'bot back on and if I find the 'bot on, I'll leave it on. If you could see your way clear to program in greater than 5 minutes maximum between 'bot text injections, we non-dedicated server guys could continue to use our host servers while still permitting the resident pilots their !packet and !flightplan access with much more ease. I'm not pushing this increase in the 5 minute text injection maximum with any great furvor but it would make host admin's life easier. We realize that any ! command issued will require the cursor to execute.

Remember that I sent you the Windows user password in case you need to power restart. If I see the user login screen up but find FSOpen Server2 and P3Dv2 running, I'll know that you power reset and I'll log in Windows locally and relog in which permanently logs in as opposed to TeamViewer Windows log in that is TeamViewer session temporary and reverts to a log in screen when TeamViewer is remotely closed.

I'll take the P3Dv2 host off P3Dv2 duty from 08:00 14 December until 08:00 15 Dec UTC to accommodate a possible backup need from the cross community flight that date which will primarily and principally be hosted on Boston Virtual's FSX host server and TeamSpeak. When I return the computer to P3Dv2 duty, I'll be seeking some partnership with the other FSX communities listed here in FSOpen sessions to split up P3D hosting duties. I can't host both FSX and P3D from behind a single IP address and currently I'm FSX hosting on my son's capable connection. He is making some mild request for his main computer back under his control. I'll come visit FsFlyboys on this co-sponsorship of a P3Dv2 multi host when Dave is thru with FSOpen ServerX development and testing. Can we talk, Rick and Jason of FsFlyboys?

Dave, when is your other FSOpen projects going to permit you to finish your preliminary P3D ServerX configuration and testing? I ask so that I can plan what locations in the future to host both our FSX multi and some form of cooperative P3D hosting effort.

Dave, you posted in this thread a desire for a large scale P3D group flight. When you are ready, I'll do what I can to scare up pilots from the FSX communities, Prepar3D.com and FSX Beyond Gamespy communities. I'm thinking early-mid January. Whaddaya think?

Respects, Bob...

Robert Dunn
United States
12th Dec 2013
11:56:05
Dave Wave, I seek back for FSX hosting duties that computer now serving as the FSOpen-msFLIGHTS.net Prepar3D public 24/7 host. The P3D multiplayer traffic on that host is minimal, as you can see. We at msFLIGHTS.net have done all the analysis and testing we as a community need to do on the multiplayer aspects of P3Dv2 software. We find the software and specifically the multiplayer aspect of it urgently needing the version 2.1 update that Lockheed Martin alludes to on their Prepar3D.com site before we can endorse P3Dv2 multi to our community.

I can give you what time you may need to finish your FSOpen ServerX development and testing. I read and realize that you have other more important FSOpen tasks needing your attention at this time. As I previously posted above, I will take back that computer on the eve of the cross community flight scheduled for this Saturday, 14 December to be ready as a backup FSX host. I ask your advice as to whether I should return the computer to some limited further duty as a P3Dv2 developmental vehicle to you and FSOpen. If you need the computer but just not now, I can leave static and intact those Windows 8.1 drives we are working off of now and reboot the same computer for our community's FSX host needs with an entirely different set of already FSX host configured Windows 7 drives that have never been involved in your FSOpen ServerX development. Please let me know your needs and desires.

Personally and privately, I continue to be very encouraged with P3Dv2. I am willing to gamble and to wait for it's further improvement. It's current revision has installed flawlessly for me on three computers (one client permanently and two hosts on 30 day developer's licenses). With my recent client upgrade to a largish graphics card, the flight experience, 'specially in heavy sceneries and weathers with high definition aircraft, is a significant improvement over similar circumstances and settings in my FSX on the same box. That is to say, I'm still all in on P3Dv2 but I can't endorse it's multiplayer functionality nor it's appropriateness for all required hardware configurations and user expectations yet.

Respects, Bob...
Vivas Enrique
Spain

12th Dec 2013
16:56:46
Hello
For my part I came often in Prepar3Dv2 test under the name vivaspain1 and vivaspain2 session, and it is true that the traffic was minimal or nonexistent. I must say that Prepar3Dv2 requires a lot of resources especially the GPU level. Me with a 3700 i7 3.9 Ghz overclook and Graphic card GTX650TI, I have very great loss of FPS. In the virtual pilot community reviews start on P3Dv2, I think many are reluctant to buy it and they expect feedback.
Moreover, with regard to me I go back to FSX and P3Dv1.4, waiting can be updated. This later.
Robert Dunn
United States
14th Dec 2013
06:18:04
Hi, Dave Wave. It's time to take the test P3Dv2 host server out of it's purpose specific uppermost position in FSOpen sessions and let it's position there again be determined by FSOpen click tally as it should be. For now, I'm declaring the P3Dv2 host test temporarily suspended pending greater worldwide interest in P3Dv2 multiplayer. I hope you got what FSOpen ServerX development finished that you had hoped. I look forward eagerly to seeing more P3Dv2 hosts pop up on FSOpen Sessions. I know msFLIGHTS.net will continue to explore a P3Dv2 24/7 public training host in the near future but we will need a greater volume of interested P3Dv2 pilots to warrant such resource expenditure. For now, that computer at IP 71.231.12.143 will revert back to the primary msFLIGHTS.net FSX host from whence it came and the previous FLIGHTS.net FSX host at IP 70.180.222.57 will revert to special purpose and backup roll as our FSX alternate host intermittently on line with a standard FSOpen license.

Those commitments, 'specially to FSOpen and Dave Wave documented above in this thread are still offered, still open. Let me know if we can help the P3Dv2 FSOpen development effort any further.

Hello, vivaspain, Vivas Enrique. You were the most frequent visitor to that P3Dv2 test host. I saw you log on often. Greetings to you from the pilots at msFLIGHTS.net.

Respects, Bob...
Vivas Enrique
Spain

18th Dec 2013
09:52:18
Hola Robert
And yes I was very interested by this server. Because I have 3 academic licenses: 2 versions 1.4 and 1version 2. Unfortunately primo: the two versions are not compatible for multiplayer session players in version 1.4 see the aircraft version 2 fixed to the ground and vice versa. Second: there little with other multiplayer host including as FlyMultiplayer.
For now I try some English sentences before coming more often msFligths with FSX.
Hi! in later

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1876074892