Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Pilot Assistant/ Flight Strip Error
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

5th Dec 2013
21:47:15
Alright Dave/ whoever can help me on this one. I have been facing problems on flight strips/pilot assistant. I seem to be coming up with the error 'Logon failed or failed to find ip address'. This has just come up and i have never had a problem like this before. It will start up loading, then go to not responding and will result in the program closing. This has come as a major shock as i have been using both PL and FS for a long time. I hope there is something to resolve the issue and if there is please let me know

Regards

Chris
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

5th Dec 2013
22:07:37
Can we have a pic of the exact error please?

drop me an email, dave at fsopen blah blah.
Geoff Server
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
14:21:20
Dave love the new email address but keep getting bounce backs!
Sending to Dave@fsopen.blah.blah.....
Have a good weekend.
Geoff
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
18:04:21
Alright Dave still getting the issue have tried uninstalling and re-installing Pilot Assistant and Flight Strips numerous times but no luck. Regarding the email address what is it ????? or ?????.
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
18:08:39
Basically what im getting when i open up Pilot Assitant and Flight Strips is when i go to enter my password, it will say underneath password the following "logon failed or Unable to get you ip address".
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
18:27:18
Hello Chris,

Have you installed any new antivirus software recently that may be blocking Pilot Assistants access to the internet?

Joe
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
18:38:06
Alright Joe

I have not at all. Its very strange as it just randomly happened and I had not done anything to my computer that would make me think that it could be the reason. Its extremely annoying. Would enjoy doing a bit of controlling but have to hold back till this is resolved. Patience is a virtue. Hope the weekends treating you well bud.
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

6th Dec 2013
21:34:09
Problem seems to have been resolved for now. Will keep you informed.
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

10th Dec 2013
22:40:29
Hello Dave,

Have sent you an email including screenshots. Seems as though it has gone unanswered. Please get back to me as the issue still lies

Regards

Chris
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

13th Dec 2013
21:16:11
Dave have you got a response for me on this. It is still not working. If you don't know just let me know
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Dec 2013
10:28:40
Chis, not got your email, please resend.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

15th Dec 2013
14:54:28
Several possible solutions:

1. Uninstall and reinstall in a non protected folder (ie. NOT in program files) as an administrator.

2. Disable all firewalls temporarily.

3. Shutdown and restart your router.

From what I can decipher, this seems to be an intermittent fault - so option 3 might be the best solution here as routers can (and will) be temperamental!.

A look in the Windows Event Log might also prove useful.

Hope this helps.

TimW.
FSXEU.COM
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

15th Dec 2013
22:03:14
Alright Dave

Have sent you an email, can you just confirm it is Dave@fsopen.co.uk that i am sending to. It seemed to be working perfectly yesterday but once again the problem did arise.

Tim
Much appreciated bud, will take a look at the suggestions provided and hopefully that does it. Will make sure to give a response if all is resolved

Regards

Chris
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

25th Dec 2013
16:41:24
Bump... Any news?
Chris Pringle
United Kingdom

27th Dec 2013
11:42:28
Alright Tim,

Sorry for the late reply been getting very merry for Christmas and had so many different events so been very busy.
Followed the suggestions you provided, but still no luck. It seems to work once in a while. But oh well.

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Regards
Chris

Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th Dec 2013
18:43:54
Hehe - random faults are usually solved by random thinking...

Think laterally! (in other words, I don't know)

Had a lovely XMAS - thanks. Good luck in the New Year fellas...

TimW.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 794910953