Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Admin Rights
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2013
17:56:24
Dave,

We're having issues with the Admin rights. In the new system list, we're listed and ticked but it doesn't allow us admin rights in the list above, if you get me. I need to enable the admins each time :\
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2013
20:19:43
The user needs to logon to the web site or pilot assistant which will then match his IP address in fsx and grant him admin rights.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2013
21:11:23
We've been doing that Dave. There's only an issue with 3 out of the 9 people, including myself :/
Kenneth Brander
Norway

20th Dec 2013
22:49:14
Hey Dave,

I can confirm this is the same experience we have at fsxeu. The system does not work as intended and still we recommend everyone of our users to use the token still. I'm sure you`ll figure it out soon enough and we are looking forward to it, thank you, merry christmas sir and happy holidays to all!

Best Regards:

Kenneth Brander
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

20th Dec 2013
22:55:13
This is a guess, but is might be related to the Gamespy/User ID's getting mixed up (a host restart fixes THAT issue.

Tim Walters
FSXEU.COM
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

21st Dec 2013
08:11:42
I've reset the server a few times Tim but no change :/
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

21st Dec 2013
14:34:20
Admin rights work by comparing the ip address of the user logging on to the website or with pilot assistant and matching it with the fsx connection. Ask player to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/. Is the address the same as shown in fsopen?
It can take a minute for the server to sync up, and check a player has admin rights.
The next version lets you save network info so you can forward me the data when things go wrong and I can replay it.
Kenneth Brander
Norway

8th Jan 2014
21:00:24
Hey Dave,

After the last update the problem seems to have got even worse, people that are supposed to be hooked in the new system can no longer log in at all and even worse, they are on top of this not even able to kick anymore even if they are set up to be able to both kick and ban with the new system that came with the last update! Several reports this and i have seen many occations with my own eyes, troubleshooting it without getting anywhere! I have now had ATCs leaving in anger because they think the managers are not doing our job and its creating chaos, please look into this as soon as possible as it doesnt seem to work for anyone rather then being it the expection. If its to any help you are welcome to access our server - I can send you the TV information on email if so, just holler.

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
http://www.fsxeu.com
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

8th Jan 2014
21:19:55
Drop me an email for someone that is logged on to your server now and doesn't have admin rights despite you having selected him in fsopen.
Kenneth Brander
Norway

8th Jan 2014
21:25:08
Please join us on our teamspeak: TS3.FSXEU.COM:9994

We can chat further there - or use voice if you want to.
Kenneth Brander
Norway

8th Jan 2014
21:44:43
I have two admins that can be helpful testing out, they are experiencing the problem. The system shows them as admins, they can list, but not kick or ban even if they are given the rights to. They can help you test out further and i can give you access there sir to the TV to experience this first hand.
David Figge
United States

8th Jan 2014
21:59:35
RealFsx is having the same problem as well as msflights
Kenneth Brander
Norway

8th Jan 2014
22:06:53
The admin system is rendered totally useless at our server and still we havent seen Dave even if we try to help out here. This is really urgent because we cant kick people without going in the backdoor with TV and kicking manually.

I guess you guys are having the exact same problem?
Thomas Martin
Germany

8th Jan 2014
22:14:00
I can confirm the problem from my side: i have admin status on fsxeu, and usually i had been identified as admin by the robot with using flightstrips or pilot assistant.

Today i joined, i could list - but i could not kick in a aircraft conflict situation. So i entered my token and it works for a few minutes.

About half an hour later i lost my admin rights - i could list - but not kick - and i had to enter my token again

Best regards

Dr. T. Martin
Mukarram Chaudhry
United Kingdom

8th Jan 2014
22:30:20
I use the fsxeu server and can confirm that i also experience the same problem.

I am 'identified' as an admin so can use the list function however i cannot kick or either speak on all frequencies without getting kicked.

I would be grateful if u could help us out.

Thanks

Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

8th Jan 2014
23:22:48
Greetings!
I regret to report that the UK317 / Western Air Academy is having the same problem, only found out when we REALLY need to kick someone out. All players with admin rights had their respective check boxes ticked, none of them able to eject the errant player.

BUT, I was able to remove him via the server PC using the old method; Chat Box, Session, Player Name, right click, kick player.

So, to concur with other posts in this thread, the revised Admin rights and grading does not work.
Derek317.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

8th Jan 2014
23:39:03
Will look at first thing in the morning.

Will post back here when I know more.
Simon Mulder
United States

9th Jan 2014
01:02:28
Yes, admin rights at msFlights.net seem to be reversed. We had a non-admin come in and kick everyone out of the server. When an admin tried to kick this person it said "You are not an admin". Until then we are going to run with FSOpen Bot OFF.

Awaiting your post with further information on the admin rights.

Thanks
mulder@msflights.net
Johnny Mckenzie
United States

9th Jan 2014
01:16:12
As an admin of RealFsx - we have experienced the same problem and I have chose to shut the FSopen bot off until our staff team can figure out what next steps to take.

JimBuck
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

9th Jan 2014
10:34:10
Version 0.98 fixes the problem.
David Figge
United States

9th Jan 2014
12:24:43
Looks like this version doesn't allow the host's client PC to be an admin.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

9th Jan 2014
12:37:08
Should do David, it does for me.

Have you loged on to pilot assistant from the client PC?

Does the user name get listed against the plater after a minute?
Kenneth Brander
Norway

9th Jan 2014
15:28:30
Hey Dave,

I can confirm, still the same problem on my end, double-checked that i was indeed admin using TV.

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

9th Jan 2014
15:56:31
Are you saying this is just a problem getting admin on the same network as the host?

Does your name show up on the server after a minute?
Kenneth Brander
Norway

9th Jan 2014
19:14:22
Hey Dave,

I am happy to report that after the last update it seems that everything has been fixed besides one thing. The exception is now only (that we have been able to detect so far) what i pointed out in the last post. Me on my personal computer or any computer is not able to kick even if the host machine gives my client the admin hook, still the same 'You are not admin' as everyone got yesterday. I am able to list or do anything else as a admin besides kick or ban. I am naturally listed as able to kick and ban and as admin. Its probably worth pointing out that the server does not sit in the same local network and i do not connect via LAN. When i connect to the server this will be through the local node down the street on a different WAN ip then then server sits on. This is a minor problem compared to what we experienced yesterday, its no pressing matter and im sure you will be able to work it out for the next update. I will be able to use the TV to kick if i need to myself for now, no worries. My name shows up as its supposed, as admin to but it acts as described and like everyone experienced yesterday. Our operation has resumed as normal. I hope that was clear enough, thank you sir for the hard work we know you put into this, keep bashing at it.

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
David Figge
United States

9th Jan 2014
19:53:42
Dave,

Looks like it doesn't remember the local IP address for the Host's client PC.

Kenneth - I use a client machine that shares the same IP as the host server.
Try this: Login into pilot assistant after you are in the session with your client PC. Next uncheck the admin box next to your name on the Admins tab wait a few seconds then put the check back in. That's what it took for mine to work. After leaving the session it does not remember your local IP so you must repeat the steps each time with the client PC. Keep pilot assistant open in the background.

Hope this helps!
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

9th Jan 2014
20:02:53
I think Kenneth is saying he is on a different network, e.g. like a normal user.

In the normal player listing does it stick your name against you after a minute or not?

Kenneth Brander
Norway

9th Jan 2014
20:29:45
Hey Dave and David F.

Being that the client or clients of mine is not sitting on the same IP is in my mind pointing towards that the system gets confused by me having more then one client logged in at the same time no matter ip or network its connected through. Its rather the fact that i have more then one client. I use one more client logged on at all times to host our aircraft-carrier. It may be a important clue, it may not but i felt it was worth mentioning.

Thank you for your tip David F. I will try that as it would be more convenient to be able to kick from my client when i need to. But still i hope for a solution in the future as your tip is kind of like having a old car that you have to tinker with each morning to get it fired up.

Twisting that loose wire, giving the dashboard a hit just on the sweet-spot, press the clutch three times, choke, then needing a screw-driver to start it and you need to twist it just the right way to get it turned and start it. Nice protection against theifs as none will ever be able to guess the combination but it will be frustrating the moment you really need it going right away because you overslept, stressed out and are in a rush to get to work. Well i guess you catch my drift :)

I`ll rather have a car that just fires up the moment i turn the key. No matter i appreciate your work-around and i will give it a go to see if it works with my system, also i will try killing of the extra client to see if that does the trick later on when i have the time to and post a feedback in due time.

Once again, thank you!

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

10th Jan 2014
10:13:26
If I reset the server, does it automatically download the update? I'm very reluctant to restart it whilst there are issues
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

10th Jan 2014
11:07:08
Hello David,
I restarted my server last night and the latest software (0.98) automatically downloaded and installed. So far as I'm aware the former admin issues have been resolved with one exception - if the host and server PC share the same IP number the host is not recognised as an admin. But, if you log into pilot assistant and wait a minute or two, uncheck the host admin, and recheck the host admin, all is well.

At least, that is what happened to me last night!

So far as I can tell admin rights for other nominated admins work okay so long as their IP has not changed.
Derek317
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

10th Jan 2014
16:32:21
Righto, I use a server company so hopefully no issue here :)

Thanks for the info Derek
Robert Cohen
Canada

15th Jan 2014
16:43:37
Just to let you know Dave Its Robert from EasternHops I am having the same problem. I am on the admin list it shows me checked off as admin but when i try to kick it says that " "you are not an admin" when I try to kick no big deal I still can kick through teamviewer on the server
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

15th Jan 2014
18:12:21
robert.

1. Did you start pilot assistant on the client pc.
2. Are you listed as Robert after a minute in the session.
Grant Farmer
United States

6th Feb 2014
19:43:35
I still have players who do not show up as admins
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

6th Feb 2014
20:14:39
They need to register with fsopen and logon to pilot assistant/web site before they join your session. If they're having trouble ask them to post here :)
Grant Farmer
United States

7th Feb 2014
01:07:05
They are registered at FSOpen and pilot assit. log into pilot assit first then fsx, still don't work
Ayu Othman
Malaysia
7th Feb 2014
01:18:21
Hai Dave, I'm the one that Mr Grant Farmer talk about...And yes robot didnt recognize me as admin.. i did follow instruction but still didnt work...Hope you can help us to resolve this...Thanks...hope to hear from ur side...
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

7th Feb 2014
08:36:03
Ayu, When you join a session ask Grant what your ip address is. Then goto whatismyipaddress.com in internet explorer and any other web browser you have installled, Does it report the same ip address?

So long as the addresses match then it will work. If it doesn't then you may be using a procxy for web traffic and should be able to disable it.
Grant Farmer
United States

7th Feb 2014
12:13:11
I checked her IP address before we made this comment and she gave me the same address as on the server grid
Ayu Othman
Malaysia
7th Feb 2014
17:52:53
Hi Dave...as Grant said...we done all that.... i dont use any proxy by the way...is it because of the log in? when i log in to fsopen i used ayu_emelda then in fsx i use Captain Ayu.. is taht might be the problem?
Grant Farmer
United States

7th Feb 2014
18:23:22
Dave, She doesn't work under check boxes kick or ban, but if I check full admin it works. I guess some people work under kick,ban and some only under full admin, for those who can't get it to work check a different box.

Thanks
Grant
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

7th Feb 2014
20:10:46
Clicking admin on the player grid will give any player admin rights.

Once Ayu has joined does her name show up after 30 seconds on the player list? That has to happen and the correct permissions apply. This must have happened at some point or you can't allocate permissions in the first place.

Confirm, Does her name get shown in the grid after 30 seconds and then does she have permission.

Grant Farmer
United States

7th Feb 2014
21:03:51
yes, her name shows up, I meant I clicked the admins tab and full admins rights and it worked, I did not check the admin box on the players grid
Kenneth Brander
Norway

4th Mar 2014
20:14:07
Hello Dave,

For the record, this is still a problem for us. The system recognize very few but some using the new system to identify them as administrators and hand them rights automatically.

We are still dependant on using the token and get many reports that it's not working as supposed to.

That is for our general administrators but for me the case gets even weirder as I can give myself administrator-rights but I am only able to use it for transmitting all frequencies and listing, not kick and ban. I still need to use the TeamvViewer access to do such actions. It will not recognize me if logged in here on the website or in Flightstrip at all. I need to give myself administrator rights through the TeamViewer.

Please give us a heads up if you want us to do anything like providing you with a log-file or giving you access to the server itself as it would be brilliant to have it working as supposed to.

Thanks for sorting the nickname issues, we are very grateful for this!

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
Chase Morgan
United States

4th Mar 2014
23:16:17
I have the same issue @ Kenneth. I really want Dave to bring back admin by IP Address or the Admin Token Option
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

5th Mar 2014
19:23:20
Kenneth, can we arrange a time where I can get you and a user having trouble all together on teamspeak?

Kenneth Brander
Norway

6th Mar 2014
12:55:47
Hello Dave,

I have gotten hold of some that have the problem. We will be available today and out the Thursday evening. If this doesn't work out for you please give me a notice and I`ll try to arrange it.

-> TS3.FSXEU.COM:9994
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

6th Mar 2014
17:55:32
After a breif interlude with Dave, I found out that you MUST log in with FlightStrips or PilotAssist if your IP has changed.

To be safe, login with FlightStrips or PilotAssist REGARDLESS of whether it's changed or not - it can't hurt.

We did identify an issue for users with the 'Kick' tag being unable to do a !list. This may also be valid for users with 'Ban' also - we didn't get around to test that.

In a nutshell, use FlightStrips or PilotAssist to get your Admin tags applied which can take a minute or so to update.

Do not assume you are not an admin if you cannot do an !list. This will hopefully be fixed very soon.

Hope this helps.

TimW
FSXEU.COM
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

6th Mar 2014
19:45:07
Will add the ability to use !list for anyone with kick/ban privilege. Makes total sense.

Will also make it clearer to user that they are not recognized as an fsopen registered pilot (prompt to logon to pilot assistant) as well as testing for privilege. Should help.

Tim Walters
United Kingdom

7th Mar 2014
09:59:14
Perhaps update the BOT message to say:

!k nuisancepilot

You are not an admin - please ensure you are logged into FlightStrips or PilotAssist to get your admin token.

Or something like that...?

T.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

7th Mar 2014
11:26:25
1.01 released which will tell users just that Tim.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

7th Mar 2014
19:29:18
Sweet!!

Thanks Dave!

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 2127252788