Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Session Help!
Vince Begin
United States

26th Dec 2013
10:25:06
I would like to know dave wave if i setup a second fsx server through fsadventures on a different computer and network ip address can i use my pro session account that im using on my server now or do i have to have two accounts for each fsx server?
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

26th Dec 2013
10:33:23
Vince, you'd need a new account I'd imagine.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

26th Dec 2013
15:44:15
If you run the two servers at the same time you will need to create a second account. If you just change machines then the same login will work on both.
Robert Dunn
United States
26th Dec 2013
15:56:36
Hi, Vince, David. At msFLIGHTS.net, we declare only one of our FSOpen listed active servers as our primary host. We apply the FSOpen registration for which we pay (the "Pro" one) to that server no matter which IP or which FSX-FSopen installation it is configured on. We occasionally run a second FSX-FSOpen host for special purposes configured differently or as just a plain old backup. We label such a second FSOpen host server with the same msFLIGHTS.net name with a "#2" appended to the FSOpen listed name. We open that backup server with one of the administrators' personal FSOpen accounts, usually mine or Mulder's. While we are only occasionally using that secondary host, we presume upon Dave Wave's generous nature to use a Standard (free) FSOpen installation as such a host is only on line about 10 hours a week. Should we at msFLIGHTS.net start using a second FSOpen host with greater regularity and for longer periods, we would consider it only fair that we purchase a SECOND monthly license for such use.

We will probably invoke a Prepar3D version 2 FSOpen listed 24/7 host server in the near future either solely under the msFLIGHTS.net brand or, more preferably, in conjunction with the requests and requirements of interested and cooperating other FSX communities we see listed here. In this future P3Dv2 effort, I would enthusiastically welcome FSOpen and Dave Wave to counsel, coordinate, configure and actively participate. I will devote greater time to this P3Dv2 public host effort in early January or when I hear further from Dave Wave on the readiness of any FSOpen Server2 P3Dv2 compatible software.

Respects,Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Vince Begin
United States

26th Dec 2013
18:54:22
Thank you everyone for all the help and support
Vince Begin
United States

26th Dec 2013
21:39:17
one more thing this is for dave wave if we make our #2 server not a pro session can you list our 2nd server to be always under our #1 server even if its not registered pro ?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

26th Dec 2013
22:02:35
Only for pro sessions Vince.
Vince Begin
United States

27th Dec 2013
03:54:08
i am making a request dave wave can you try to teak the map that goes on our website/forum to be when the session is dark /night then the map can be dark and when the session is day it be a lighter map im just suggesting things i hope im not being a pain haha
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Dec 2013
09:58:48
Vince, it does that now.
Vince Begin
United States

29th Dec 2013
07:21:03
NOW LIKE THIS BELOW

Dave Wave
United Kingdom