Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Prepar3d v2 Server
Gregor Michaj
Sweden
1st Jan 2014
18:34:30
When we can expect the software for Fsopen Server to host Prepar3D v2.
Robert Dunn
United States
2nd Jan 2014
21:41:25
Greetings, Mr Michaj. Hello community admins and members. We at msFLIGHTS.net have decided to return the capable i7 computer with fast internet to full time Prepar3D version 2 host server duties. Currently this computer has a version of FSOpen Server2 that Dave Wave was using for testing and development of his P3Dv2 modifications running. I invite Dave to feel free to finish that development on that P3Dv2 host server at his convenience. The IP is 71.231.12.143. Dave has the current TeamViewer ID and password. The Server2 software and the saved WireShark data are just as Dave left it when that computer was removed from P3Dv2 duties to serve a very large cross community flight as a backup on 15 December. The basic functions of FSOpen Server2 worked fine when the computer was taken off line as a P3Dv2 host in mid December. Those basic functions appear to continue to function properly. More advanced features of FSOpen Server2 have never been implemented nor tested by us. These unexplored FSOpen Server2 features still untested include TeamSpeak3 tab integration, ATC tab and FlightStrips integration, Hops tab, Runway Guard and Messaging tab functions.

We invite interested P3Dv2 multiplayer flyers to log onto this public host and test it. It is our intention to keep it on line all day every day, 24/7/365. This host server has only been reinvoked within the last 12 hours. Rudimentary preliminary tests of it's stability and overall function continue to go very well. So far, this is the only announcement forum on which we are posting the existance of this host server. In the coming days, we will publish it's availability more broadly.

I would seek to discuss the possibility of coordination among interested P3Dv2 host server administrators to explore the concept of a "pool" of P3Dv2 host servers commonly and publicly available in the future. Please contact me if you and/or your community is interested in this idea. The pool of interested P3Dv2 pilots may remain too small to justify several P3Dv2 hosts in competition with one another. Until such discussion commences, this P3Dv2 host server will be publicly available. I will publish more information over the next few days.

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Robert Dunn
United States
4th Jan 2014
09:05:52
I received an inquiry similar to Gregor Michaj's from Cesar Esquivel wanting to know when to expect a Prepar3D version 2 update to FSOpen Server2 software. I'm just passing along Cesar's question that I received in my email along to Dave here in this appropriate thread.

Are any of you other FSX communities or independent P3Dv2 users intending to put up a P3Dv2 host server? Please let me know here or via email and maybe we can coordinate our public P3Dv2 hosting until the demand increases enough to justify multiple P3Dv2 host servers. Until then, the msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 public 24/7 host server with the partially completed installation of P3Dv2 capable FSOpen server2 software is available to you all without any further permissions needed. Happy flying and happy new year.

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Robert Dunn
United States
4th Jan 2014
09:51:47
This public 24/7 Prepar3D version 2 host server is listed in FSOpen sessions near the bottom of the list as "msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2". It is at IP 71.231.12.143. It is open to all communities, groups and independent pilots. Because of the considerable system requirements to run P3Dv2, this host is on our community's main server computer. The computer specs briefly are i7 2600k Sandy Bridge era CPU at 3.8GHz, 512 Gb solid state OS and program drive, 5 additional Tb of 7200 rpm HDDs, 16 Gb fast RAM, AMD 7850 plus AMD 6970 GPUs-2 Gb video memory each, liquid cooled. Internet is Comcast residential copper wire at 20 Mb/s upload, 120 Mb/s down. Router is ASUS RT AC66U gigabite cat6 wired.

The partially completed beta FSOpen Server2 P3Dv2 capable software has no packet kick limit (set to selection "NEVER"), no other kick criteria set, the FSOpen 'bot is currently turned OFF, in-game voice is currently ENABLED at 128k quality. Server weather theme is fair weather. Server time is minus 5 hours. Server default airport is KSEA, Sea Tac international, Seattle USA. The server is located at my residence outside Seattle. TeamSpeak voice facilities are available at TS ID MSFLIGHTS.JMAINGUY.COM BUT TeamSpeak participation there is NOT required. Server status and additional information is at WWW.MSFLIGHTS.NET. This website does NOT require registration to read but does to post.

Please contact me personally or any of the msFLIGHTS.net staff if you have server related requests, questions, comments or just need help. I can be reached at RSDunn2@msflights.net, RSDunn@yahoo.com, TeamSpeak message or live contact, in-game chat box message or our forum personal message. I read this forum often also. I am registered on many of the FSX communities' forums as "ROBERT DUNN 2". Happy flying.

Respects, Bob...

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1994129379