Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Version 0.97 of open server released
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

6th Jan 2014
14:37:09
What's new

Granularity for admin. You can give users full admin rights or just the ability to kick players.

Support for P3Dv2. Will work with P3D version 2. Not everything works yet but its good enough for most situations

Fix to sc status. Simconnect status was showing as not connected when it was.

Added option to save packets. This will save all network data so if you experience any problems you can send the file and I can replay it. This file can get very big. Use with caution.
Gregor Michaj
Sweden
6th Jan 2014
14:54:58
Thank You :) P3D::::::))))))))
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

6th Jan 2014
16:22:50
Dave,

Great work, I've spoken to quite a few communities who are looking at bursting into P3D.

Have you managed to add a variable for what type of session is being run (ie FSX or P3D)? So its available on the sessions list and I can grab it?

Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

6th Jan 2014
16:25:59
Yes, variable will be published when everyone has upgraded to 0.97
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

6th Jan 2014
16:39:25
Brilliant!

Thankyou
Robert Dunn
United States
6th Jan 2014
16:46:36
Those two additions to your multitude of features (admin granularity and P3Dv2) will be immediately used by msFLIGHTS.net. Thank you so much for your hard word here Dave. I will post further after some investigation and Server2 software update.

Mr. Clifford. We have reinvoked msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 that was used by Dave for Server2 P3Dv2 development. That P3Dv2 host has been on line since last Thursday and is currently running under FSOpen's standard license and listed towards the bottom of FSOpen sessions as "msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2". Please contact me regarding your efforts in community coordination of our P3Dv2 efforts. We would like very much to participate in the discussion as well as providing a public 24/7 P3Dv2 FSOpen host server. I'd love to explore the idea of a revolving "pool" of such servers. Immediately, I feel the number of interested pilots is too small to justify multiple community P3Dv2 host servers and I'd like to consolodate those pilots interested in P3Dv2 multiplayer in a rotating common public server. I can be contacted at RSDunn2@msflights.net, here in this FSOpen forum, on our msFLIGHTS.net forum or our msFLIGHTS.net TeamSpeak. I would love to contact you if you prefer if you will let me know how you would prefer to receive my communications.

Dave, have you any continuing need to further develope P3Dv2 capable FSOpen Server2 software on the msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 host server? The TeamViewer ID and password will not change. I will be updating that P3Dv2 server to your official .97 assuming that such update will not wipe out any developmental work you may have in progress. Thanks again Dave. Thanks in advance, Joe.

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net
TeamSpeak MSFLIGHTS.JMAINGUY.COM
webpage WWW.MSFLIGHTS.NET
Robert Dunn
United States
6th Jan 2014
18:04:11
Dave, We are now expediting FOpen registration of several/many FSX admins to conform with your upgraded granular admin requirements. Anything you might do to validate these new FSOpen registrations would be helpful. We will not reboot our main FSX-FSOPen host software until we can get the core FSOpen admins registered thru your validation process as such reboot will wipe out our legacy FSOpen admin IP based operations. We apologize for the delay in registering but I did inquire as to your registration timing requirements some time back. Thank you in advance.

msFLIGHTS.net P3Dv2 host server HAS been updated to your version .97 FSOpen Server2 and appears to be working well. That P3Dv2 host continues to be listed under a standard licence toward the bottom of the FSOpen sessions listing.

Respects, Bob...
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

6th Jan 2014
18:13:57
Bob,

I've emailed you

Joe
Robert Dunn
United States
7th Jan 2014
07:53:58
msFLIGHTS.net is having some uninvestigated trouble getting the new admin management check boxes to properly function. I'll report success or failure after a reboot and more extensive analysis and testing later tonight. We adequately temporarily manage the required administrative functions via TeamViewer and live-in person manipulation of the FSOpen administrative tasks and settings. More tomorrow on this.

Respects, Bob...
David Figge
United States

7th Jan 2014
12:07:13
Dave,

Thanks for the tiered admin system. RealFsx appreciates the upgrade! This will be helpful for our ATC controllers.

Looks like you addressed the local IP issue for the server owners. It recognises my PC for the first time. Thank you!

One question:
Do our server admins need to be signed into pilot assistant or flight strips before the server will see them as an admin each time they join the fsx session or just to get them on the admin list?

Best regards
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

7th Jan 2014
12:18:30
They just need to sign in when there IP address changes. For some this could be every session, for others, once in a blue moon.

They don't have to be signed in at the time, just have signed in with the same ip they have now.
David Figge
United States

7th Jan 2014
15:12:16
Dave,

Perfect! Thanks for the fast reply. I will pass this along to all of our members.

Best regards
David Figge
United States

8th Jan 2014
00:38:46
Dave,

RealFsx has been testing the new version 0.97 and found the new admin features not working correctly.

Your fix to deal with the local IP of the host's client PC works perfect, but the regular admin functions do not seem to work now.

The player has a check beside their name for admin on the list at the top of the server software and they are signed in to pilot assistant after joining FSX and the box for full admin is check but no admin privileges.

If they type !A “their playername” the robot will reply “playername” is a admin. If they try to kick a player it won’t kick the player and the robot replies you’re not an admin.

What we tried this morning:
1. Unchecked all existing admins
2. Rebooted the fsopen server so no players were on the new admin list
3. Had our admin join FSX
4. Sign into pilot assistant and wait until connected
5. Sign into the fsopen website as well
6. After the admin’s name appears on the admin tab list we checked full admin for him

The admin has a check next to his name on the server list at top. He has a check next to his name for full admin on the admin list tab but he has no admin permissions with the fsopen software.

Let us know if we can do anything to help narrow down what the cause might be. If you want to look at our server send an email to david@realfsx.org .

Spoke with msFlights this evening and it sounds like they are experiencing the same.

Best regards

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1057156247