Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Bring back Admin by IP
Brendan Harris
United Kingdom

14th Jan 2014
00:31:59
Dave,

I really would appreciate if you could bring back allowing people to be admined by IP address(dont bring back player ID), because not everyone always is on FSOpen or PA and also, I run a server from one user account and am a client on the other user account (from the same PC), but can't admin myself from the client side. I would be willing to pay for the work it would take. Thanks!
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Jan 2014
09:35:43
I was asked to add granularity which meant having to loose ip.

I tested myself using the same method as you and it works fine. Does your client get matched up ok on fsopen server?
Brendan Harris
United Kingdom

15th Jan 2014
00:08:43
No when I am on the client user account, the server doesn't recognize me. I can connect to the session and see aircraft but can't sign into flightstrips.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

15th Jan 2014
00:28:28
Confused.

Log on from your second pc and you should be recognised as a player after a minute and can then grant yourself admin.

The fact that you can't get flighstrips to work either suggest you might be connected directly rather then through your router or you have a proxy server set up.
Brendan Harris
United Kingdom

15th Jan 2014
00:33:20
Okay I think you misunderstood. I am using 1 PC. I found a work around where I run FSX on one user account, and switch to another user account in which I run FSX, connecting using my internal IP. I am guessing the problem lies with connecting to the same internal IP as the server?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

15th Jan 2014
08:16:58
That would be the problem. I can only listen on one IP address at a time.

Since your on the same PC is it really the end of the world to click on admin each time you join lol.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 553903281