Back to Board Index

Error
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

20th Jan 2014
16:36:16
Hi Dave,

Can you shed any light on this error:

Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
Error in Dev_OnpacketArrival
Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

It repeats itself over and over again
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Jan 2014
19:28:58
If it happens a lot save the fsx data and send it to me to replay.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

20th Jan 2014
19:36:20
Thanks for the reply Dave. It happens all the time, I've always had it. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by save FSXData
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Jan 2014
20:04:35
Next time you start fsopen there is an option on the 2nd or 3rd tab to log data to file. Once the error happens untick the box and upload the file somewhere and send me the link. I can then replay the file and debug the problem.
Curley Campbell
United States
21st Jan 2014
04:13:39
FYI: Dave, on FSXCarrierOps ... I get the same error pretty much daily.

ALSO FYI: I also reset w/complete shutdown/restart of FSX AND FSOpen... on my server... every 12 hours.

Bin File here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jk828df41p0sq91/FSopenData.bin
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

21st Jan 2014
12:39:23
No errors in that file Curley. You need to start logging before the error occurs and make sure you move the file before starting again or it will be overwritten.

Curley Campbell
United States
21st Jan 2014
14:53:38
Afirm. I may have over written that one. Logging enabled. I will forward when it collects a few errors. Thanks Dave.
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Jan 2014
10:16:04
Dave,

I've emailed you a link to my google drive... The file is over 2gb :O
Curley Campbell
United States
22nd Jan 2014
15:29:06
Dave, I might mention... Server is 600/400 Mbit, we run VRS Superbugs w/TacPack, Kick spawners disabled, and Packet kick set to never. At times, I see whomever logs in 1st... their max packets will zoom up to 5000+ .. and eventually return to normal... as in it appears to get stuck or accumulating way to much data... as in "catching up" or packets being stuck at collecting at that particular player. Sorry, hard to explain. Normally I have to ask that player to exit and return. I have not seen any rime or reason.. and it really doesn't make any difference as to which player; other then the 1st in.. or the person in the longest. (I have left settings as it.. trying to identify this issue for some time.)

Data File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u4bf09kixlwka58/FSopenData.zip
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

22nd Jan 2014
17:01:37
Took 10 minutes to run through the file at full speed and have found 3 errors like you say. Looks like I'm handling a packet that I think is a player changing com frequency when it's not. It won't cause a problem but I will put a fix in the next version.

Will check if David Bartlam's file is the same issue if he can work out how to send it to me!!!
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

22nd Jan 2014
19:48:28
Did you not get access to it Dave?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

23rd Jan 2014
11:40:04
Getting it now, 10 minute download lol.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

23rd Jan 2014
11:40:50
I think next time I'll say zip it first, it compresses well.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

23rd Jan 2014
22:00:54
Problem fixed for the next release. This is having no affect on your sessions, it just generates an error message which you can safely ignore. It seems to happen with certain 3rd party aircraft. I'm not saying it's their fault, they are probably just using fsx in a way I don't see in my own testing.

Another plus, the new way of recording your data let me run through about 48 hours use of a busy server in 30 minutes. Way to go guys!
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

23rd Jan 2014
22:19:25
Thanks for your time figuring it out Dave

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 694913363