Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Flight Strips Question
Dakoda Neilson
United States

24th Feb 2014
02:16:33
Anyway a version of flight strips could be made to work on a separate computer (with out the radar)?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

24th Feb 2014
09:40:36
Yes it can, just need to be on the same router so you have the same ip address as your fsx pc
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
17:06:40
Hi Dave

Could it be that this 'feature' whether intended, or not, causes the problems we experience on FSXEU.COM where ID's get out of sync?

Can I confirm that ID's are tied to IP's, and what exactly happens when two connections come in from the same IP?

If this IS the case, could you add a connection timestamp to the IP to make it unique in your database?

Cheers

TimW
FSXEU.COM
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
17:23:23
No, I use combination of IP and port which is unique.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
17:43:08
OK sir, so briefly speaking, do you have any idea why ID's get out of sync?

Cheers

TimW
FSXEU.COM
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
17:45:01
Also - at what point and where does a port get assigned?
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
18:38:13
....as FSX uses 6112 to 6122. This gives only 10 unique possibilities.. Still plenty of potential for non-unique ID's...

??

TimW
FSXEU.COM
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Feb 2014
20:09:36
Tim, I don't know why id's get overwritten which is why I've asked hosts to keep an eye on the problem and send me the logfile when it happens. When I get one I hope I can work out what's causing the problem.

As far as ports go its the clients not the host I track so I think its 2^16 possible values. Your router would ensure that the client port is exposed as a unique value externally in the rare event of 2 pcs picking the same random port.

ps 6112 to 6122 is 11 ports not 10, not that I'm using the server port anyway lol
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

28th Feb 2014
17:21:28
I'll get to it... Might take me a day or two.

Cheers Dave,

TimW.
FSXEU.COM
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

3rd Mar 2014
10:41:10
Hi Dave, have gave you the .BIN save, hope you can get it to behave.

Tim(ave)
FSXEU.COM
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

3rd Mar 2014
13:17:07
Got it thanks, working on it now.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

3rd Mar 2014
18:16:53
Version 0.100 fixes the problem.
Thanks for the 3.6 Gigs of data to test with Tim!!!!
Re-ran your data file after the fix and it works find now.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

3rd Mar 2014
18:46:08
Brilliant, super, smashing, great!!

Beer is in the post... ;-)

TimW.
Dakoda Neilson
United States

10th Mar 2014
00:52:49
I guess if I may redirect what if your on a network does not allow to computers to share the same Global IP address. I really would just like to have the strips organizer and the ability to hand off to other controllers.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

10th Mar 2014
08:37:16
You can run it on the same pc. Best with two monitors
Dakoda Neilson
United States

10th Mar 2014
17:08:50
Well, I am limited to one monitor and I am limited to a resolution of 1366x768. So it makes it impractical to run flight strip and FSX at the same time. What I am looking for is pretty much a way to organize flight plans/strips on a second computer.

I don't see why this can't be done. Using wireshark I see that the packets are not coming though FSX for this data, its fetching them externally to the FSopen 2 Server.

So what I am asking is can we get a Flight Strips Lite, that allows you to run on a second computer, that is cut down to just the part that allows you to organize flight plans. You would still need to run a full flight strips on your computer you are running to activate the session and to interact with simconnect. But this allows you to have the second screen that for some if not a lot of people is impractical.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

10th Mar 2014
17:24:37
Because I use the matching IP address to send you the correct list of planes.

Majority of people don't have this issue, having seperate ip addresses assigned to machines is extremely rare these days. (You are the first in 5 years to encounter this)

I cannot justify the time involved to create a program just for your benefit. Perhaps you could look at creating a link between your machines using your fsx machine to forward http traffic. That way you would have the same address.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 982236074