Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Fsvirtual Server Plagiarism
Samuel Saminston
United States

3rd Jun 2014
04:32:25
Hello Pilots,
I have noticed the new fsopen server, Fsvirtual has copied content from Blue Sky 360. this includes, but is not limited to, connection instructions and rules. This information was copyrighted on the website. Therefore, distribution is illegal. The owner, Dikembe Williams, has denied to comment when asked by the Blue Sky 360 team. Now, I feel the Fsopen community needs to take matters into their own hands. I believe that if Dikembe will not fix his website by Friday, his server should be taken off. I believe Fsopen was created to host a wide range of multiplayer communities. From hops to live atc, fsopen has it all. One server mimicking another is not right.Please support my cause because I want to restore the great system here at Fsopen.

Sincerely,
Samuel Saminston
James Beaumont
United Kingdom

5th Jun 2014
14:22:17
Hello Samuel,

I have just had a look at both websites and it is blatantly obvious that Mr Williams has copied parts of the content on your website.
I have to say that from my personal opinion, all I have heard about Mr Williams are negative things, for example: Advertising his community through developed communities. I share your frustration with you about Mr Williams and I believe that something should be done about his website and I back you up in thinking that action should be taken.

I would also like to make the community RealFSX aware that he has copied elements of their teamspeak server as you can see from the following links:

Real FSX Teamspeak: http://imgur.com/oRhjfvK

*COMPARED WITH*

Virtual ATC Teamspeak: http://imgur.com/n3Y9xaX

If Mr Williams is reading this post now, I highly suggest that you change the plagiarized content on both your website and teamspeak.
To be honest, it is very sad how he cannot have any original thoughts that he could use for his community which shows that in my opinion that he should not be running an fsopen community.

I hope that he sorts these issues out as it is not fair that he copies ideas from reputable communities.

Best Regards
James Beaumont
James Beaumont
United Kingdom

5th Jun 2014
14:30:00
I meant to say on my previous post Compared my FSVIRTUAL server
James Beaumont
United Kingdom

5th Jun 2014
14:30:30
*With* fsvirtual server
Dikembe Williams
Antigua and Barbuda

5th Jun 2014
21:06:07
ok i WILL Remove it ansd its done in couple hours
Johnny Mckenzie
United States

6th Jun 2014
01:20:33
James,

We appreciate you pointing this out as we do become frustrated when other Flight Sim users take the icons our owner put hard work into making for our Teamspeak.

Isn't the first time, won't be the last. We value all our members and thank you for looking out for us!

JimBuck
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

6th Jun 2014
17:13:39
I think certain people that do this should have their FSOpen accounts deactivated!!
James Beaumont
United Kingdom

6th Jun 2014
23:43:47
Couldn't agree with you more Dave!
Samuel Saminston
United States

6th Jun 2014
23:43:56
I agree. Once again, every server on FSopen should be unique. If you can not follow that simple ideal, then you shouldn't have a server.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

7th Jun 2014
15:27:11
Hi Guys

For information we have had certain websites closed down by their ISP within hours of us discovering it. Simply report the infringement to their ISP and they will and do take it very seriously.

Regards

Tim Walters
FSXEU.COM
Johnny Mckenzie
United States

9th Jun 2014
23:53:18
Samuel,

I find it hard for you to be upset about others stealing your work when our RealFsx icons are right up on your teamspeak.
Interesting, to say the least.

JimBuck
Samuel Saminston
United States

10th Jun 2014
00:21:25
Hello Johnny,
I think the whole thing is being misinterpreted. Our previous owner Dikembe Williams uploaded these icons. When he left and i took command, i was not aware of this. I have talked to David about this and I promise if I knew what Dikembe did, i would have deleted the icons immediately. Sorry for the confusion and please understand this was nothing on my part.
Dikembe Williams
Antigua and Barbuda

10th Jun 2014
01:10:35
what we should do is settis David Barthlam is we all should meet at FSXWorldwide and we should take this by talking
Dikembe Williams
Antigua and Barbuda

10th Jun 2014
01:13:11
sorry keyboard is not working good
Dikembe Williams
Antigua and Barbuda

10th Jun 2014
01:14:31
so i will just remove my server from fsopen

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index