Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSopen Server Crashing
David Figge
United States

19th Mar 2018
10:17:09
Dave,

For the last couple of months the FSopen server has been crashing almost daily. I emailed the data.bin to your dave at fsopen.co.uk address. I don\'t think we are the only server experiencing this.

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Best regards,
David
RealFsx.org
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Mar 2018
21:20:22
Hi David, yes you\'re not the only one. Been looking at this for some time but was not able to replicate.

Think I found the issue today, version 1.07 now released. Should fix your problem
David Figge
United States

20th Mar 2018
12:11:03
Dave,

Thank you for your efforts. They are definitely appreciated.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

20th Mar 2018
17:54:55
Hello David, and hello Dave...

I tried to reply to your e-mail just now Dave (The Wave) but at the moment all attempts to send or reply to Hotmail addresses are being bounced straight back to me, not sure what is happening there.

But, I shut down FSOpen server early this morning and restarted it, installing the latest version. I regret that the \'crash happened again some time today between 7.30am and 4.30pm. But, I had not uninstalled version 1.06 though can confirm that 1.07 was running. Will let you know if it gets upset again.
Regards,
Derek317
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

29th Mar 2018
14:09:14
1.08 now released. Let me know how you get on.
David Figge
United States

4th Apr 2018
13:25:43
Dave,

Version 1.08 has not crashed. The server has been running for five days without an event. Many thanks for your efforts.

Best regards,
David
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th Apr 2018
22:53:10
Thanks for letting me know David
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

26th Apr 2018
20:49:02
Hello Dave,
Possibly unrelated, the only message in the Status tab of FSOpen Server that has cropped up several times is:

\'Error in GetWebPage The operation has timed out\'
and
\'Error in GetWebPage The remote server returned an error [502) Bad Gateway.\'

But, Version 1.08 has not crashed for over 3 weeks now. Thank for resolving the crash issue.
Regards,
Derek317
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th Apr 2018
20:42:09
I think this was the problem before Derick, if it couldn\'t get an update from the server it would then crash, now it just tells you that an error occurred but will just try again later.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

9th May 2018
21:16:22
Hello Dave,
I was going to write back to say that all seems well, but... I noticed that my server wasn\'t showing just now and that there were fewer than normal servers showing on the FSOpen Sessions page. However, at this end the server software appeared to be working normally but was showing several dozen
\'Error in GetWebPage The operation has timed out\'
messages.

I\'ve restarted FSOpen Server and my server now appears on the FSOpen webpages. Not sure where the problem may lie and at who\'s end.
Derek H
(Derek317)
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

11th May 2018
19:13:04
The web server went off line with a re-direct header that I\'d not seen before causing the problem. First time this has happened with this isp in five years.

David Figge
United States

16th Jun 2018
10:49:15
Dave Wave

The FSopen Server is crashing none stop. Our Pro Version FSX server rebooted last night with a location change. Now the FSopen Server software crashes if FSX is running.

If I close FSX the FSopen software will run but when I start FSX it crashes immediately. The bin file is empty so there is nothing to share with you.

Funny thing, it will list people that join while in this state but doesn\'t list the IP address for our server.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Jun 2018
21:26:05
Hi David, looks like my host was down for a bit. Google sent me several emails saying that my web pages were getting strange re-directs. I was away at the weekend so didn\'t actually see what happened.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 581717105